1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures We finally went back for our Roo!;)

Discussion in 'Farm Crossing' started by jmfleish, 3/26/14.

1. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    And we came back with two roos and a hen!;) We should be banned from Angel's house (the chicken breeder). Jon fell head over heels for a little boy with smooth feathers. I had to have a frizzle like Daggy and subsequently, we found a baby roo who looks just like Daggy...we have even slipped into the habit of calling him Daggy even though I know we shouldn't but I think it's just going to stick. I'm so completely in love with the frizzle mutation, so we also decided to get a little girl frizzle that has some color to her. I think she's going to be very pretty when she gets older. She's a little dolly right now. So, without further ado...here are pictures of the three new babies! We need a name for the little boy. The little girl is Isabella or Bella. She's the smaller one with more white and no comb.

new chicks1.jpeg new chicks2.jpeg new chicks3.jpeg new chicks4.jpeg new chicks5.jpeg new chicks6.jpeg new chicks7.jpeg new chicks8.jpeg

This last one has Tilidie in it too so you can see the size difference of a mostly grown hen from the chicks. She had a hard time behaving though!:)
    new chicks9.jpeg

Ankou, SandraK, Anne & Gang and 13 others like this.
  2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Michelle
    What cuties! My uncle had a farm and when I was little I used to play with his chickens all the time. They weren't as cute as yours are but certainly fun. Do they stay in the house?

3. lupe

lupe Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

Lupe
    :joyful: Oh! I just love chickens....they are soooooo cute:xflove:!

4. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Cute!

5. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Yep, they stay in the house. They are Seramas, the smallest of the chicken breeds and don't do well in cold temperatures. They are often called house chickens. We absolutely adore them. I never knew that chickens could be so much fun!

6. Stormcloud

Stormcloud Squawk Talk!

Gerard
    Which does raise the question Jen...when do you move into the Hen House???!!! :lol:

7. gibsongrrrl

gibsongrrrl Courtney Lou Hoo Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Courtney Lou Hoo
    OMG, they are so adorable! having some serious jealousy over here! I want little chickens on my couch :heart: :heart: :heart: :D

8. jmfleish

Jen
    Can I please tell you that we have been living in the NEVER ENDING WINTER here in Wisconsin? We're supposed to get some warmer weather this weekend and are "aiming" at moving the birds and the bed this weekend but we shall see. I will not live in the house without them! LOL!

Ankou, SandraK, Macawnutz and 2 others like this.
  9. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Gone Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    YES IT IS THE NEVER ENDING WINTER! I'm so sick of the cold I could :atomic: :laugh:

Love the new chics Jen! What cuties. :xflove: :xflove: :xflove:

Move everything on Sunday. It will be our only decent day. :bored:

SandraK likes this.
  10. Mariannee

Mariannee Rollerblading along the road

I really miss having chickens my landlord will let me do just about anything but for some reason chickens are out, sigh. I have to say they are adorable and this is the first time I have seen a chicken photo shoot. :highfive:

SandraK likes this.
  11. SallyQZ

SallyQZ Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Loree
    Awwww, they're adorable! Congrats!

I'm fascinated by my 4 chickens here at the new property. I could watch them for hours, and one of them is quite bold about interacting with me. I pick her up and tote her around the yard quite frequently. The other 3 are pretty much hands off though. The seller of our house left the chickens for us. :)

12. TikiLola

TikiLola Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue

Alida(Aleeda)
  13. Anne & Gang

Anne & Gang Riding the Skies Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avian Angel

Anne
    awwwwww so precious!!1

14. solo

solo Rollerblading along the road

jess
    they are adorable :xflove:

15. Birdiemarie

Birdiemarie Feather Snuggler Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Marie
    OMGoodness, they are so cute! Congrats!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)