• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures We finally went back for our Roo!;)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
And we came back with two roos and a hen!;) We should be banned from Angel's house (the chicken breeder). Jon fell head over heels for a little boy with smooth feathers. I had to have a frizzle like Daggy and subsequently, we found a baby roo who looks just like Daggy...we have even slipped into the habit of calling him Daggy even though I know we shouldn't but I think it's just going to stick. I'm so completely in love with the frizzle mutation, so we also decided to get a little girl frizzle that has some color to her. I think she's going to be very pretty when she gets older. She's a little dolly right now. So, without further ado...here are pictures of the three new babies! We need a name for the little boy. The little girl is Isabella or Bella. She's the smaller one with more white and no comb.

new chicks1.jpeg new chicks2.jpeg new chicks3.jpeg new chicks4.jpeg new chicks5.jpeg new chicks6.jpeg new chicks7.jpeg new chicks8.jpeg

This last one has Tilidie in it too so you can see the size difference of a mostly grown hen from the chicks. She had a hard time behaving though!:)
new chicks9.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What cuties! My uncle had a farm and when I was little I used to play with his chickens all the time. They weren't as cute as yours are but certainly fun. Do they stay in the house?

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:joyful: Oh! I just love chickens....they are soooooo cute:xflove:!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Cute!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
What cuties! My uncle had a farm and when I was little I used to play with his chickens all the time. They weren't as cute as yours are but certainly fun. Do they stay in the house?
Yep, they stay in the house. They are Seramas, the smallest of the chicken breeds and don't do well in cold temperatures. They are often called house chickens. We absolutely adore them. I never knew that chickens could be so much fun!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
OMG, they are so adorable! having some serious jealousy over here! I want little chickens on my couch :heart: :heart: :heart: :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Which does raise the question Jen...when do you move into the Hen House???!!! :lol:
Can I please tell you that we have been living in the NEVER ENDING WINTER here in Wisconsin? We're supposed to get some warmer weather this weekend and are "aiming" at moving the birds and the bed this weekend but we shall see. I will not live in the house without them! LOL!

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I really miss having chickens my landlord will let me do just about anything but for some reason chickens are out, sigh. I have to say they are adorable and this is the first time I have seen a chicken photo shoot. :highfive:

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Awwww, they're adorable! Congrats!

I'm fascinated by my 4 chickens here at the new property. I could watch them for hours, and one of them is quite bold about interacting with me. I pick her up and tote her around the yard quite frequently. The other 3 are pretty much hands off though. The seller of our house left the chickens for us. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwww so precious!!1

solo

Real Name