• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures We call him Runt !

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
Ha Ha ! I finally figured out about prefixing my posts Duh ! :lol:Anyway , I have alway's loved Monitor Lizards but never really had the room for one of the larger variety . So after some research I decided I just had to have an "Ackie Monitor" also called a ridge tailed Monitor or Varanus Acanthurus for the Latin language lovers . :D Believe it or not it took me 2 years to find the Runt , but here he is ! Smaller than his bigger cousins , but he really doesn't know it ! ;)

Runt 1.jpg

Runt 2.jpg

Runt 3.jpg

He is really smart and inquisitive and doesn't show much fear at all !

Runt 4.jpg

Runt 5.jpg

Runt 6.jpg

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
What an adorable guy!! Beautiful body coloring and size!!! We went to Vietnam and Thailand about two years ago and they have HUGE ones that live under people's homes!! They were about five to six feet in length and were incredibly agile while walking or moving in the water! They eat the fish that live in the river and I understand it is the Asian Monitor.

I agree that Monitor Lizards are gorgeous. I like them very very much! They are a miracle of nature considering they haven't changed much because they were so perfect to begin with!

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hi Runt :) nice to meet you

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Runt is beautiful!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
He is gorgeous! That sweet little face:heart:
Welcome Runt!

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Ohh hi Runt!! What a little cutie :p

We had a huge monitor lizard at college in our reptile room and we always got to take him for walks in the summer. If only I had the room in my apartment :lol:

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
What an adorable guy!! Beautiful body coloring and size!!! We went to Vietnam and Thailand about two years ago and they have HUGE ones that live under people's homes!! They were about five to six feet in length and were incredibly agile while walking or moving in the water! They eat the fish that live in the river and I understand it is the Asian Monitor.

I agree that Monitor Lizards are gorgeous. I like them very very much! They are a miracle of nature considering they haven't changed much because they were so perfect to begin with!
Water Monitors are just about "perfect predators" They are also arboreal and so can also climb well and fast ! All the Monitors seem to think , "if I can get my jaws around it it must be food" ! I will stick with Runt, he can be a handfull ! (pun intended) :roflmao:

Runt 48.jpg

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
We went to Vietnam and Thailand about two years ago and they have HUGE ones that live under people's homes!! They were about five to six feet in length and were incredibly agile while walking or moving in the water! They eat the fish that live in the river and I understand it is the Asian Monitor.

Speaking of Asian Water Monitors , look at this guy we saw at the Tucson Reptile Expo this year !

show 3.jpg