• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WB Caique Still Looking for New Home

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I find myself having to rehome our new caique in order to keep the family peace! Unfortunately, his loud ear-piercing beeps/tweets are driving my hubby up the wall. Please no hubby bashing as hubby is very good with our other 4 birds, 2 dogs and cat - but ours is a quiet flock and this little toot is even stressing out our male grey who keeps telling the caique, in a plaintive, whiney voice "Nooooooo".
So, about the caique. He is a DNA male, white belly caique, 10 years old, VERY SWEET AND CUDDLY, he needs a lot of one on one and is just happy to sit with/on you. He is somewhat plucked but not bald. Very curious and likes to wander around. He does not hop much or play with too many toys. He just wants his human mostly. Or maybe another caique friend? Not sure if he has ever been with another caique as I am not original parront. He is like other caiques that can go bi-polar and bite but seems to be less so than others I have heard of. Mainly when he doesn't want to go to bed. :) He has a slight overbite so needs beak trims every 6 weeks to keep it in check. Vet said he seems very healthy but we have not done blood tests yet. Only a CBC which was all normal.
I am asking a rehome fee and his cage and toys come with him. We are in NW Chicago suburbs and will not ship but if you are near the NW FL area I will be taking a trip there in mid-Sept so could easily bring him with me. If interested leave a post here. Sometimes takes me a day or two to reply though.

Attachments

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Man, if I had the space or the money, he sounds like a great boy. I hope you find the perfect home for him!

berries

Strolling the yard
Have you found a home for him yet? If not I would like to discuss it with you. I live in Northern IL about an hour or two from Chicago.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Hi there,
No. We did not find a home yet. Sorry I have not been on in a while. Life is busy right now. :) Tell me about yourself and what you're looking for in a birdie.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I wish I could take him on, unfortunately I'm in no position to do that. I hope you find him a good home!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know someone who may be interested in him. He's not a forum member though but helps with the rescue I help with. Can you PM me contact info and I can have him contact you directly?

berries

Strolling the yard
Hi, so I currently have a flock of 5 of various sizes that coexist peacefully so I am looking for a bird that can get along with others. I do live in an apartment but the birds and their noise isnt an issue. I understand if you're not comfortable adopting out to apartment dwellers though, a lot of people are. I work from home so they have free reign most of the day. I know you said he's happiest on his person but does he get jealous or is he ok sharing space near people he likes? I tend to have at least one bird directly on/with me at all times so if he's not great at sharing he may not be right for us. Thanks for your considerations and let me know if you have any more questions for me :)

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I know someone who may be interested in him. He's not a forum member though but helps with the rescue I help with. Can you PM me contact info and I can have him contact you directly?
Sent you a conversation Michelle.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Hi, so I currently have a flock of 5 of various sizes that coexist peacefully so I am looking for a bird that can get along with others. I do live in an apartment but the birds and their noise isnt an issue. I understand if you're not comfortable adopting out to apartment dwellers though, a lot of people are. I work from home so they have free reign most of the day. I know you said he's happiest on his person but does he get jealous or is he ok sharing space near people he likes? I tend to have at least one bird directly on/with me at all times so if he's not great at sharing he may not be right for us. Thanks for your considerations and let me know if you have any more questions for me :)
Hi Berries, thank you for your interest in Rocky. To be honest I do not know how he would do with other birds on his person. Our cockatoo divebombs all the birds and my senegal is totally aggressive to others so I never allow them on me at the same time. The caique can also be quite loud at times so doubt an apartment would be suitable.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
PS: we had all our flock disease tested recently, including Rocky (all were negative) and he will come with his lab paperwork as well.

berries

Strolling the yard
Hi Berries, thank you for your interest in Rocky. To be honest I do not know how he would do with other birds on his person. Our cockatoo divebombs all the birds and my senegal is totally aggressive to others so I never allow them on me at the same time. The caique can also be quite loud at times so doubt an apartment would be suitable.
That's too bad, a space sharing bird is definitely a must for me. Thanks for your consideration though, I hope you find him a home soon!

Sundayraven

Moving in
Hi, is he still looking for a new home? I’m in MI, but the drive to Chicago isn’t too, too bad for me. I have other birds, but they are not expected to interact with each other. I work from home and do have vet/personal references. :)