• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Way too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
But there are two new birds coming into our home. A 6-7 yr old parakeet (which will be mine) and a zebra finch which will be my roommates. My initial reaction was NO WAY. Because I am still mourning Eli's passing. But they need a good home. I will be the fourth home for the 'keet. His name is Beau. Blue and white. Not tame, so I will need lots of help taming him. I have never really had a bird that I couldn't hold. Even when I first got Eli and he was mean I could still handle him.
We pick them up today. I'm scared that I'm gonna do something to mess them up. Not the finch it's fairly easy. But the Keet. I haven't had one since I was 5. And even then my parents took care of it. But I am going to give it the best home I can for the rest of it's life. How long do they live?
And also, would it be hard on the bird to change it's name to Eli? It's name is Beau right now, I like the name, but I want something named after Eli.
I got a fish and named it Little Fin the same day Little Foot passed, before I even knew she was gone I got it.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am not sure about the name change, but wanted to say congrats, they will be going to a great home. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
A budgie is a great bird! I wouldn't worry about messing him up... they are tough little guys. Good food and water, clean and big enough cage,some toys, interaction with you, you'll have a HAPPY budgie,for sure! Our budgies live into the early double digits, 10,11, 12 years...

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
The finch will need another same species companion, preferably opposite sex. He needs a mate.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
I would really get a friend for the Budgie :) If he's been living alone his whole life, he had no one to cuddle with, preen or talk to when going to sleep. :( I would really really encourage you get him a buddy :)

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
Congratulations......how about giving your Beau a second name and when you call him just call Hello Beau Eli......Beau is "nice or beautiful" when translated from french so Beautiful Eli sounds good even if in French.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you do not really need a friend for the budgie...but make sure he has lots of toys to play with and good food etc...the finch, however, should have a buddy and the same goes for the finch..toys and good food!

Status
Not open for further replies.