• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Water table for fids?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Very cool!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's really cute! I think they'd really enjoy it!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Great idea! We had a Step 2 water table for my kids when they were little. It was similar to that one, but that was 12 or more years ago. It was a great quality toy, and well made. I think your parrots would love it!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I believe Step 2 has a lifetime warranty on their stuff too! My daughter (an adult now) had a few of their items & we had an issue where a part broke due to weather, they shipped out a new one for free & paid for the shipping & handling too! I found they were great to deal with & I believe they overnighted the part. I'm not sure if they still do this tho.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Oh that's an awesome idea! And they're so affordable too- there's one (with less bells and whistles) that's only 25 bucks! If I had the space I would do it. Definitely need a bird room when we move...

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I would prefer something with continuous water, like a waterfall type thing rather than still water.
My husband & I talked about maybe a water fountain type for cats. But it has to be just right & preferably something he'd fit in. I'd actually have to go to a pet store. Not sure they'd be big enough for a Zon.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My husband & I talked about maybe a water fountain type for cats. But it has to be just right & preferably something he'd fit in. I'd actually have to go to a pet store. Not sure they'd be big enough for a Zon.
The one we have is not big enough.

We also tried a couple water fountains. This was for finches. Nothing stayed clean very long.

The water table looks inviting and intriguing, for the bigger birds.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I used a few water fountains, then got a big bowl and a water fountain .... that way the wings didn't hit the sides.
Amazon.com: Tierra Garden 4-1763T Semi-Gloss Bird Bath Bowl with Brown Matte Rim, Ivory: Garden & Outdoor
Amazon.com : Bamboo Accents Water Fountain, Indoor/Outdoor Fountain, Medium 12" Adjustable Branch-Style Support Arms, Smooth Split-Resistant Bamboo for Your Own DIY Garden Retreat : Garden & Outdoor

Below is when we were trying to see how it worked, so it was still on the floor...but you can see the green cheek investigating. The fountains have different heights and you can get a bigger bow. We did end up putting wieghts on the sides of the bamboo...we had one who enjoyed knocking things over:wacky:

upload_2019-5-26_19-49-52.png

Attachments

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The one we have is not big enough.

We also tried a couple water fountains. This was for finches. Nothing stayed clean very long.

The water table looks inviting and intriguing, for the bigger birds.

I wonder if a kitty one would work well for the finches.

Heres a link to one.... I just grabbed one not looking @ reviews or anything.

Amazon.com : Veken Pet Fountain, 84oz/2.5L Automatic Cat Water Fountain Dog Water Dispenser with 3 Replacement Filters & 1 Silicone Mat for Cats, Dogs, Multiple Pets, Blue : Pet Supplies

I used a few water fountains, then got a big bowl and a water fountain .... that way the wings didn't hit the sides.
Amazon.com: Tierra Garden 4-1763T Semi-Gloss Bird Bath Bowl with Brown Matte Rim, Ivory: Garden & Outdoor
Amazon.com : Bamboo Accents Water Fountain, Indoor/Outdoor Fountain, Medium 12" Adjustable Branch-Style Support Arms, Smooth Split-Resistant Bamboo for Your Own DIY Garden Retreat : Garden & Outdoor

Below is when we were trying to see how it worked, so it was still on the floor...but you can see the green cheek investigating. The fountains have different heights and you can get a bigger bow. We did end up putting wieghts on the sides of the bamboo...we had one who enjoyed knocking things over:wacky:

View attachment 305532
I like this idea a lot. This one caught my eye when I clicked your 1st link. I wonder how this would look in my living room.

:hehe:

Amazon.com: Giantex 3-Tier Pedestal Bird Bath Fountain W/Pump Polyresin Water Fountain Indoor Outdoor Decor Vintage Yard Art: Garden & Outdoor

I really like that the cord goes thru the center post & is hidden from birdy mouths.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I wonder if a kitty one would work well for the finches.

Heres a link to one.... I just grabbed one not looking @ reviews or anything.

Amazon.com : Veken Pet Fountain, 84oz/2.5L Automatic Cat Water Fountain Dog Water Dispenser with 3 Replacement Filters & 1 Silicone Mat for Cats, Dogs, Multiple Pets, Blue : Pet Supplies
Thank you! I will drag out mine and look at them, and compare. :)

Ohhh I really like that one. Hmmmm.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
How about that cute little flower water fountain (since it has a filtration system) ON a water table? :hehe:

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! Lots to consider!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award