• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Water Changes?

oliviikate

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Liv
Hi everyone!

I am going a trip next week, and have it all lined up for my 2 canaries to stay with my grandparents! I have created a care list and am going to give my grandparents everything they'll need to take care of them (as expected) right down to a bunch of fresh veggies that should last the duration of the trip. My only question is...do birds sometimes react negatively to water change? I typically use the water from my brita filter for my birds (they're spoiled), but my grandparents have well water. Will this change pose any danger for them or am I worrying too much?\

Thanks everyone!

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
I definitely wouldn’t worry about this. As long as the water is clean and drinkable. But if you want, you could store some of the water after it is filtered in a water bottle for them, and have your grandparents pour some in their bowl each day!

oliviikate

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Liv
Alright! This is my first time being away from them so I'm just trying to think of everything! Thank you for your help!