• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Water bottles for cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
Are there any water bottles to hang on the side of the cage that don't leak? I have 2 lixit ones and they leak so bad I can't use them.:mad:

Barbi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barbi
You might try this...fill them all the way to the top then after closing, put your finger on the ball and shake it just a tad bit then turn it right side up, wait a few seconds, remove your finger and let the air bubbles rise? I have some lixit bottles too and that's the only way I can get them to quit dripping. I did have one though that no matter what I did it dripped something terrible. I hope you don't have to get rid of them :sad7:

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
Not sure. LixIt is alll I use. I've never had a problem with mine.

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
Just ran into another problem. The hq cages that I got for the conures the bars go a different way and the spacing is too wide for the hangers that came with the plastic bottles. I just purchased a kings cage for the parrotlets and I could not attach it to that cage either. Guess I gott get new bottles.

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe
I love Lixit Glass Bird Waterers:

They are the best water bottles I've ever used. I've had Sparx's water bottle for 9 years and it is in pristine conditon! Never had a leakage problem, never had to replace anything on it, etc. It's all glass and stainless steel (and a bit of rubber) so it's easy to clean & disinfect.

Willow

Sprinting down the street
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
I have the same kind as Chloe - love them! They only leak when I take them in the car! :O

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Birdy butlers are fantactic...i use them for my birds and they never leak

Status
Not open for further replies.