• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wasabi, must you?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

What caused this bite? Wasabi got me on the nose once, close to my eye. That was my fault for being in his house, then looking up to see where he was. Stupid.

Yea something like that. Standing too close and taking my eyes off him. Most of the deliberate attacks revolved around my wife (his sweety) coming onto the scene.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
YIKES!!! Gotta love the male Amazons around this time of yr :wideyed:

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
I trained Lucy to get on a stick similar to the way clueless did. When she is on the floor she wants up immediately. Perfect time to make her step on a stick.
I didnt use a long stick like the one clueless pictured but can see the benefits of it if your bird is biting. I just needed to get Lucy used to a stick to help my wife when Im not home.
I cringe every time I see that picture John. :jawdrop1:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 250669

Ignore the ink on the end of the stick.... obviously you might need a bigger wooden barrier than what I have.

So Secret sits on top of the T, vertically or horizontally?
I am not trying to sound negative, but I can't imagine W doing anything but running down to the end to the closest end and nailing my hand or arm. Secret did not try that?
How did you get her to accept it?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

So Secret sits on top of the T, vertically or horizontally?
I am not trying to sound negative, but I can't imagine W doing anything but running down to the end to the closest end and nailing my hand or arm. Secret did not try that?
How did you get her to accept it?
they don't go down, they go up! Your guard flat should be bigger though

Short trips at first.... then they know good things happen.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I think we've all made the mistake of getting too close to a grumpy bird and their house or claimed area and not noticing when they come up to correct us. I've been bit on the nose, arm, lip, ears, neck, etc. The ear bite didn't end well for lurch but I should have known having my hot cereal while he was out was a huge mistake. He spent a while in his cage birdy swearing at me and I was pretty mad for a while.
I finally let him out and he complained and gave me the look and finally in the early evening landed on my chair back and said Hi Sweetheart so we were OK after that. I never made that mistake again.
Nerd had a thing about toes and feet and bit my toes quite a few times when I forget and he didn't. It was equal though has he hated having his feet touched too.
Dobby has chosen my sister but luckily merely gets offended and gives me the look if I come up and try to interact. Biting is the last tool in his box but Momazon has verified he can bite, just usually chooses not to as they did such a great job socializing him.