• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning!!! Note to all moderators

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Hey even I've learned to watch my "Ps & Qs" and I believe so has John though every now and then he goes off script like some people who are in the news. Good news for us is that John doesn't get quoted on national TV. Plus I want to stay here.
:coffeescreen::lol:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Hey even I've learned to watch my "Ps & Qs" and I believe so has John though every now and then he goes off script like some people who are in the news. Good news for us is that John doesn't get quoted on national TV. Plus I want to stay here.
Sandra just doesn’t want to be in the dungeon again lol

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The only thing I would suggest (@itzmered censor this one if needed) is the following:-
1. IF you still have outstanding order(s), call or FB, be polite, reference the placed order date & number. Indicate the $ paid & date. Indicate items received (or not).
2. Mention that the vendor has publicly indicated to have legal representation and request attorneys name & mailing address so that all back-up information can be forwarded to said attorney.

Off the record, send copies of paperwork to your local BBB and the one in Rockford, IL. If you can also send copies to any and all state entities who should be aware of this situation. If you can afford it, send it by certified or registered mail.

At all times, especially when dealing with a recorded phone message or FB BE POLITE. Swearing will make you feel better but not on tape. For women, a friend recommended screaming into their purse. I have no idea what to suggest the guys should do to relieve this kind of aggravation. You could yell into your pants but that might not be good for you.

@itzmered Is there a specific path I should take to wherever it is I'm supposed to go now?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The advice you gave was good. State the facts and keep it simple. Getting emotional usually doesn’t help. Request a charge back from you credit card or bank. Keep copies and screen shots of everything

Report on bbb but not sure what good that does I have never dealt with them.

Report to the fda what you purchased and if it had a label with ingredient statement and Nutritionals. It is a legal requirement in Illinois

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
The advice you gave was good. State the facts and keep it simple. Getting emotional usually doesn’t help. Request a charge back from you credit card or bank. Keep copies and screen shots of everything

Report on bbb but not sure what good that does I have never dealt with them.

Report to the fda what you purchased and if it had a label with ingredient statement and Nutritionals. It is a legal requirement in Illinois
I believe the saying is "The devil is in the details". Anything that has a date on it will help; if you order a bag of numbnuts on 04/05/19 and still haven't received them but you paid $500 on 04/06/19 that is the kind of info to post (expensive numbnuts BTW). More so with any follow up inquiries about delivery date(s) if they were promised 7 business days after payment.

And NO, I don't believe ANY parrots eat numbnuts ...

BBB can be helpful simply by listing their rating of a company, especially one with many similar complaints.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
For women, a friend recommended screaming into their purse. I have no idea what to suggest the guys should do to relieve this kind of aggravation. You could yell into your pants but that might not be good for you.
Oh Sandra... :faint::coffeescreen:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The only thing I would suggest (@itzmered censor this one if needed) is the following:-
1. IF you still have outstanding order(s), call or FB, be polite, reference the placed order date & number. Indicate the $ paid & date. Indicate items received (or not).
2. Mention that the vendor has publicly indicated to have legal representation and request attorneys name & mailing address so that all back-up information can be forwarded to said attorney.

Off the record, send copies of paperwork to your local BBB and the one in Rockford, IL. If you can also send copies to any and all state entities who should be aware of this situation. If you can afford it, send it by certified or registered mail.

At all times, especially when dealing with a recorded phone message or FB BE POLITE. Swearing will make you feel better but not on tape. For women, a friend recommended screaming into their purse. I have no idea what to suggest the guys should do to relieve this kind of aggravation. You could yell into your pants but that might not be good for you.

@itzmered Is there a specific path I should take to wherever it is I'm supposed to go now?
:laughin:... purse....:laughing4:pants....

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
And NO, I don't believe ANY parrots eat numbnuts ...
Secret might. The bird has an evil side (the avatar picture was taken when the bird was friendly).

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Secret might. The bird has an evil side (the avatar picture was taken when the bird was friendly).
Oh... that's the "I'm going to jump on you" look when Henry looks like that!
The avatar of Secret always brings to mind that song -

"Come a little bit closer
You're my kind of man
So big and so strong
Come a little bit closer
I'm all alone and the night is so long"

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The avatar of Secret always brings to mind that song -

"Come a little bit closer
You're my kind of man
So big and so strong
Come a little bit closer
I'm all alone and the night is so long"
Boy... that's one band I'm not familiar with! Must be the 50's? In the beginning the lead singer kind of sounded like Roy Orbison.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Boy... that's one band I'm not familiar with! Must be the 50's? In the beginning the lead singer kind of sounded like Roy Orbison.
It does sound like Roy Orbison, I knew the song but not the band's name. I love the lyrics though. "Come a little bit closer" is typical parrot speak for an ambush.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It does sound like Roy Orbison, I knew the song but not the band's name. I love the lyrics though. "Come a little bit closer" is typical parrot speak for an ambush.
With Henry it's NEVER a come hither sneak ambush tactic.. It's a threat and clear warning if I come any closer he's coming full on. If you saw what he does to a pine 2x4 when he's pissed you'd keep your distance. That wood is on the floor ( he has his crap attack piles) just on the other side of a plexiglass barrier so he climbs down his cage and rips into it while I'm changing papers in Lola's cage. Assuming with the vile anger he is ripping chunks off he's showing me what he'd do to my legs if he could get to me. Pretty scary!!!!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Gotta love Amazons.

Secret likes skritches first thing in the morning, last thing at night.... unless she doesn't.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Gotta love Amazons.

Secret likes skritches first thing in the morning, last thing at night.... unless she doesn't.
Five seconds after I skritch Lola's head and walk past her she's lunging out to bite like a snake. YUP! Ya gotta love 'em!!!!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sounds like it's a case of seeing which way the wind is blowing 2 or 3 times then check again.
And hope you don't hit a pin feather .... no counting for love, is there?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I went to check. It hasn't been taken down or edited and it doesn't blame or mention anything about this forum. :cool4:
Wrong.

On post on WD FB from the 10 Aug that addresses and posts screenshots of ¨transactions¨ between WD and HWS, the first comment by WD is addressing removing Claire from the page and specificly calls out AA as a ¨group mob¨.
She then on the same thread, replies to a comment saying ¨this one angry person created a mob that´s sending hate mail and phone calls¨.

So yea, she did blame, and not just mention, but clearly state AA, more specificly one of the aforementioned ladies. No idea if she blames Claire or Tanya or both, but she is 100% blaming AA for the hate mail and phonecalls.

Edit:
Screenshot_20190814_182221.jpg Screenshot_20190814_182027.jpg

Last edited: