1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning!!! Note to all moderators

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Hawk12237, 8/11/19.

1. Ribbit21

Ribbit21 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Keri
    Death threats are are a childish thing to do and should be reported. I see no "current" cases in Winnebago county IL, however things take a bit to show up in Illinois. I would be very careful with any interactions with this person considering her previous civil and criminal records. I do think people always deserve second chances, but you can't deny the patterns seen in the public records and 2015 wasn't that long ago. I hope everyone can get things settled peacefully and quickly.

SandraK, Ankou, Clueless and 5 others like this.
  2. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Finchly
    Michael, please don't practice fearmongering here. You'll scare the natives.

We are in good hands, Danita is sharp and would have already given warnings if we were crossing the line. So are her mods, so they'd be deleting posts too.

If we're still adding, she owes me $50.21. I just called my bank, did a dispute on the charge, very nice lady took my info and it could take up to 30 days to get the money back.

Someone else had a problem or got the runaround with their card. Mine is a Visa through Regions bank - try them. (I get nothing for this, I'm just tryina help) When someone stole my identity last year and wiped out our personal account and my biz account, they were wonderful. We got all back within 3 weeks.

SandraK, Lynn L., Hawk12237 and 6 others like this.
  3. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    I used a visa as well but my rep said it could take 90 days. That's a long time to be the bank of MM for her supplies.

finchly likes this.
  4. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing" - Edmund Burke

5. Leih

Leih Rollerblading along the road

Leih Pearson
    Haha I was like "whoa $400! Isn't she in Australia? The shipping has to be insane!" :lol:

6. Yoshi&Raphi

Yoshi&Raphi Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Raphi
    Yeah I can never order anything from vendors because there are often complications, it takes a long time and the shipping is super expensive.

7. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

My stuff from Sarah's store actually got to me faster than some of the things I have ordered online from Aus stores. The shipping is a killer but the wait time was not bad at all to be honest.

SandraK, Zara, finchly and 1 other person like this.
  8. Yoshi&Raphi

Yoshi&Raphi Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Raphi
    Really? How long was it?

9. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

I can’t actually remember as it was nearly a year ago but I know I was very surprised at how quick I got it.

Clueless likes this.
  10. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! Vendor POSTAHOLIC

Shawna
    My packages to Australia are usually $25 or less for first class mail, and take between 7 to 20 days lol. Priority mail is a lot faster but a lot more expensive!

11. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award SUPER HERO

Karen
    Might be easier to leave a message asking for a refund once, then simply request a chargeback from your credit cards? Let them handle it.

12. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    No, you actually have to file a dispute and that can take up to 90 days. :mad:

BeanieofJustice and faislaq like this.
  13. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award SUPER HERO

Karen
    Really? Amex & USAA have both credited the amount right away, pending their investigation. I only had one get taken back & they gave me notice first, which was okay because I never touched the money just in case they were able to get it resolved.

14. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    It's what the representative told me. I'll be receiving letters from them too to follow up. But this is Visa. I checked online today and it says the charges are pending dispute.

faislaq likes this.
  15. Danita

Danita Ripping up the road Super Administrator Chief Beak Avenue Veteran

Danita
    uh
    no
    I am not astute, I just read what you guys are saying.
    This is actually a Canadian Forum. In Canada we don't really sue each other for everything, I believe it is quite difficult. She would need a lawyer in Canada and pay a retainer of 5-10 grand. Plus it would take years and years. Our courts are busy with criminal cases.

You can not find her business name anywhere on this forum.
    The name is censored and so are any links to anything related to her name/business name etc.
    So the only people who know are those that have been affected by this mess. If said business mentions our forum, she is actually telling the world that we are talking about her.

tka, BeanieofJustice, Ankou and 11 others like this.
  16. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
  17. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Jen
    Mary Lynn is absolutely correct. If she wanted to sue anyone for anything it would be a defamation suit for libel and there isn't an attorney around who would take the case because she would have to prove one that whomever she chose to sue had caused her monetary damage by what they wrote, and two that what they said was false. Defamation suits are incredibly hard to win and are almost never taken to court. She wouldn't sue AA, she would probably go after a member or two or three if she was even thinking about it and she's not...I haven't seen anything that I've read that is even worth her time. Death threats are a little more serious and there are probably idiots out there who would be stupid enough to leave them...that would fall under criminal and if you didn't do that, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to go back to eating my popcorn and watching the show!:popcorn2:

18. Lynn L.

Lynn L. Meeting neighbors

Lynn
    Is it really spying if it's a public forum? :rofl:

I went to check. It hasn't been taken down or edited and it doesn't blame or mention anything about this forum. :cool4:

19. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    I suspect that if anyone on AA had done or said anything detrimental that could affect AA @itzmered wouldn't even have bothered with the the shed or any ice buildings, we would've been chewed up, spat out and told to "hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more". There's only so much tolerance any one of us can take.

Zara, jmfleish, Lynn L. and 6 others like this.
  20. itzmered

itzmered Welcome to Parrotdise Super Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Chris
    That’s right :judge1: :whip2::p

Mockinbirdiva, Ankou, Lynn L. and 4 others like this.
  21. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    Hey even I've learned to watch my "Ps & Qs" and I believe so has John though every now and then he goes off script like some people who are in the news. Good news for us is that John doesn't get quoted on national TV. Plus I want to stay here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)