• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning!!! Note to all moderators

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Death threats are are a childish thing to do and should be reported. I see no "current" cases in Winnebago county IL, however things take a bit to show up in Illinois. I would be very careful with any interactions with this person considering her previous civil and criminal records. I do think people always deserve second chances, but you can't deny the patterns seen in the public records and 2015 wasn't that long ago. I hope everyone can get things settled peacefully and quickly.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Michael, please don't practice fearmongering here. You'll scare the natives.

We are in good hands, Danita is sharp and would have already given warnings if we were crossing the line. So are her mods, so they'd be deleting posts too.

If we're still adding, she owes me $50.21. I just called my bank, did a dispute on the charge, very nice lady took my info and it could take up to 30 days to get the money back.

Someone else had a problem or got the runaround with their card. Mine is a Visa through Regions bank - try them. (I get nothing for this, I'm just tryina help) When someone stole my identity last year and wiped out our personal account and my biz account, they were wonderful. We got all back within 3 weeks.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

We are in good hands, Danita is sharp and would have already given warnings if we were crossing the line. So are her mods, so they'd be deleting posts too.

If we're still adding, she owes me $50.21. I just called my bank, did a dispute on the charge, very nice lady took my info and it could take up to 30 days to get the money back.

Someone else had a problem or got the runaround with their card. Mine is a Visa through Regions bank - try them. (I get nothing for this, I'm just tryina help) When someone stole my identity last year and wiped out our personal account and my biz account, they were wonderful. We got all back within 3 weeks.
I used a visa as well but my rep said it could take 90 days. That's a long time to be the bank of MM for her supplies.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I never bought from her that’s how much money she owes you and Hawk combined. I was curious to see how much she owes everyone.
Haha I was like "whoa $400! Isn't she in Australia? The shipping has to be insane!" :lol:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Haha I was like "whoa $400! Isn't she in Australia? The shipping has to be insane!" :lol:
Yeah I can never order anything from vendors because there are often complications, it takes a long time and the shipping is super expensive.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
My stuff from Sarah's store actually got to me faster than some of the things I have ordered online from Aus stores. The shipping is a killer but the wait time was not bad at all to be honest.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
My stuff from Sarah's store actually got to me faster than some of the things I have ordered online from Aus stores. The shipping is a killer but the wait time was not bad at all to be honest.
Really? How long was it?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Really? How long was it?

I can’t actually remember as it was nearly a year ago but I know I was very surprised at how quick I got it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My packages to Australia are usually $25 or less for first class mail, and take between 7 to 20 days lol. Priority mail is a lot faster but a lot more expensive!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Might be easier to leave a message asking for a refund once, then simply request a chargeback from your credit cards? Let them handle it.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Really? Amex & USAA have both credited the amount right away, pending their investigation. I only had one get taken back & they gave me notice first, which was okay because I never touched the money just in case they were able to get it resolved.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Really? Amex & USAA have both credited the amount right away, pending their investigation. I only had one get taken back & they gave me notice first, which was okay because I never touched the money just in case they were able to get it resolved.
It's what the representative told me. I'll be receiving letters from them too to follow up. But this is Visa. I checked online today and it says the charges are pending dispute.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

uh
no
I am not astute, I just read what you guys are saying.
This is actually a Canadian Forum. In Canada we don't really sue each other for everything, I believe it is quite difficult. She would need a lawyer in Canada and pay a retainer of 5-10 grand. Plus it would take years and years. Our courts are busy with criminal cases.

You can not find her business name anywhere on this forum.
The name is censored and so are any links to anything related to her name/business name etc.
So the only people who know are those that have been affected by this mess. If said business mentions our forum, she is actually telling the world that we are talking about her.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Mary Lynn is absolutely correct. If she wanted to sue anyone for anything it would be a defamation suit for libel and there isn't an attorney around who would take the case because she would have to prove one that whomever she chose to sue had caused her monetary damage by what they wrote, and two that what they said was false. Defamation suits are incredibly hard to win and are almost never taken to court. She wouldn't sue AA, she would probably go after a member or two or three if she was even thinking about it and she's not...I haven't seen anything that I've read that is even worth her time. Death threats are a little more serious and there are probably idiots out there who would be stupid enough to leave them...that would fall under criminal and if you didn't do that, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to go back to eating my popcorn and watching the show!:popcorn2:

Lynn L.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
...They'll be spying on the threads here.
Is it really spying if it's a public forum? :rofl:

I was going to repost what she posted on face book a couple hours back, but it's taken down.
Blames AA. And knows exactly where threats were coming from....now she took it down and reworded it.
I went to check. It hasn't been taken down or edited and it doesn't blame or mention anything about this forum. :cool4:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I suspect that if anyone on AA had done or said anything detrimental that could affect AA @itzmered wouldn't even have bothered with the the shed or any ice buildings, we would've been chewed up, spat out and told to "hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more". There's only so much tolerance any one of us can take.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I suspect that if anyone on AA had done or said anything detrimental that could affect AA @itzmered wouldn't even have bothered with the the shed or any ice buildings, we would've been chewed up, spat out and told to "hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more". There's only so much tolerance any one of us can take.
That’s right :judge1: :whip2::p

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
That’s right :judge1: :whip2::p
Hey even I've learned to watch my "Ps & Qs" and I believe so has John though every now and then he goes off script like some people who are in the news. Good news for us is that John doesn't get quoted on national TV. Plus I want to stay here.