• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*Warning - Graphic* I'm Simona

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Marco, I am so sorry about Simona, I did not see this update until now. Simona is now flying free and wild over Rainbow Bridge along with Gilda whom you also loved and tried to protect. From your writing you had the feeling that Simona would be flying over the Bridge and you were right; you knew your bird very well.

As sad as it is, please do not give up your flock - you show that you love them very much and take the best care of them possible. Sadly we are unable to keep those we love with us forever and it applies both to family and companion creatures.:( I only wish you could have had a happer start to this New Year.:hug8::hug8:
Sandra

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Marco, that is a beautiful and moving story. Simona was blessed with you as much as you were blessed with her/him. The picture of you holding her just after she passed to the other side made me smile and sad as I remember holding my passed lorikeet MC before we laid him to rest.

Please don't give up on looking after birds, I don't think Simona would want that and it is clear you have so much to offer in care and affection towards these wonderful creatures.

All the best in your time of mourning I know it isn't easy. :(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
P.S: I noticed, someone has modified the title of this thread (writing WARNING); I think Simona will NOT appreciate it;I deem her pics while she is sweetly sleeping forever is amazing just as much as the picture where she is alive...
Marco, this may or may not be partially my fault, and no offense was ever meant.:hug8: There is a rule on AA however, which pertains to photos and perhaps the mods felt it best to add the warning. You could ask? Some people are sensitive to certain types of images, so we must consider them as well.
I personally am not offended at all, and again we get to the area of different cultures, and different beliefs, which is what makes the world go around. I think the important thing is how much you loved Simona, which really shines through in your posts. I think she will be watching over you and your flock. Any fid would be lucky to have been loved as you loved Simona.:heart: May she rest in peace and fly and frolic over the rainbow bridge.:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I re-read your original post, and will go later when everyone is awake and look at your videos and subscribe to your youtube. I have videos too, but sadly no free flight for us except in the house. It is a big dream of mine to some day have a place for them. Maybe something like what Stevo has. Thanks again for sharing this wonderful story of a magnificent bird as Simona.

ImaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
I am so sorry for your loss Marc, you gave her a beautiful long life! Fly Free Simona :hug8:

Marc

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marco
Thanks everyone for your sweet words; I would like that they can reach Simona so that S/he can cross better the rainbow bridge;
Thanks really...

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Marc.I'm so terribly sorry for Your loss of sweet Simona:sadhug::sadhug::sadhug:

Arsyx

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mel Sorensen
Marco,
I just joined this forum today but your thread caught my eye and I read the whole thing. One of my guys is getting up there in age and I know his time is coming soon. When I read that she passed on I couldn't help but cry. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling. I am terrified for that day to come for me so I can only imagine how you feel. I can only send my best your way and just know she appreciated everything you had done for her and she's always going to be looking down on you from up above. When you hear the birds outside just know she's in there saying hi to you. She'll never leave your side.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
I'm crying :( Mynah birds amazing. I learned a bit about them when I was learning about starlings. I guess they are close in the same family. Simona was beautiful and I'm sure was a wonderful friend. Fly free little one. Fly free. <3 <3 I'm so sorry for your loss hun.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Marco, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend Simona. You were both so blessed to have each other for so long.
Wings high beautiful Simona, fly free.

Status
Not open for further replies.