1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning for Dogs

Discussion in 'Bark Park' started by Mockinbirdiva, 8/12/19 at 3:13 PM.

1. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    On the evening news three dogs died shortly after swimming in a pond that had blue green algea growth. In searching for the news story I saw on the news tonight I didn't find that news report on three different dogs that died but did see this report. Do not let your dogs swim in lakes or ponds that have algae bloom.
    North Carolina -
    Three dogs died within hours of playing in a pond due to toxic algae - CNN

scrape, JoJo&Loki, Ankou and 3 others like this.
  2. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Thank you for the warning! That's so terrible. :(

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  3. Yoshi&Raphi

Yoshi&Raphi Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Raphi
    That’s horrible! The poor dogs :sad8:

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  4. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Jennifer
    Theres been a lot of news stories warning about our local lakes here in Michigan and high bacteria levels, too.

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  5. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    It can be harmful for people too but much more serious for dogs. The dogs will drink the water whereas we don't but if you happened to swallow some by accident it could affect you. I feel bad for those people who thought they were taking their dogs out for a fun time only to have them die in such a short time. Just devastating... I can't imagine.

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  6. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

There was a story on our AZ news last night about not letting your dogs in the water due to this.

Mockinbirdiva likes this.
  7. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    It's really shocking how quickly they die!

8. Cat The Great

Cat The Great Walking the driveway

Caitlyn
    A very tragic story!:( Those poor dogs never stood a chance against the algae unfortunately.:( I can't imagine what the owner must be going through, either way I am sorry for her losses. :sadhug2:

9. AkasyaEllric

AkasyaEllric Sprinting down the street

Morgan
    My husband said he read something that said a few people have died now too, but I didn't look any further into it. It's crazy how you never hear about this stuff before and then all of a sudden there is a bunch of tragedy. :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)