1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning Cross Post Regarding Zupreem, Lafaeber, and Higgins

Discussion in 'Feathered Food Court' started by Danita, 1/3/18.

1. Bokkapooh

Bokkapooh Ripping up the road Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mercedez
    You need to report this.

Smbrds likes this.
  2. Archiesmom

Archiesmom Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Natalie
    Oh wow, this is very sad and horrible news :( I know a lot of our members here feed these brands.
    MSU was feeding the Zupreem and the Higgins and had toxicity issues, but I don't see Lafeber being mentioned there. Better safe than sorry, IMO but I'll be following to see the results. I don't know that I would necessarily throw out the tropical nutriberries, but I would hold off on feeding them for sure until we have clear results.

webchirp and Jas like this.
  3. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative Vendor WPR/LLL Donor

Chandra
    She didn’t say but mentioned she talked to another rescue that had a “die off” but I think the number was three

SandraK likes this.
  4. HolliDaze

HolliDaze Sprinting down the street

Machelle
    Someone (not a member here) told me that they tested the zupreem and it turned out negative. They didn't give sources so I'm not sure. The red/pink vomit reminds me of zupreem fruit poop... Dexter hasn't had any issues with his, though.

5. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor WPR/LLL Donor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna

That Zupreem did, or MSU? Because Zupreem has not retested their batch, nor have they tested the sample from the rescue. They are maintaining the position that their food is safe without any additional testing. Both Higgins and Lafeber DID retest their batch and are both awaiting results from MSU.

Bokkapooh likes this.
  6. Smbrds

Smbrds Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Shawn
    Those poor birds. Very sad loss. Is this a recall of some sort? So many people feed those brands and foods.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)