• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WANTED: King's Aluminum Carrier - Medium

snowboardracer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Josh
Looking for a King's Aluminum Carrier, Medium size. This is the one (color doesn't matter):

We're planning on trekking our fids on a few weekend trips this year and love the King's aluminum carriers. I understand they aren't making them anymore and the mediums are nowhere to be found! Probably a shot in the dark, but thought I'd see if anyone has an extra or spare they'd be interested in selling. Lookin' at you, saroj12 :lol:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I had seen an ad on the St Louis CL yesterday, looked kind of small but then noticed that it stated that it had been sold.

Then this morning there was a posting from @Clueless asking how to clean one she snatched up on CL so my bet is she was the one who got it.

Good luck and keep searching.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I had seen an ad on the St Louis CL yesterday, looked kind of small but then noticed that it stated that it had been sold.

Then this morning there was a posting from @Clueless asking how to clean one she snatched up on CL so my bet is she was the one who got it.

Good luck and keep searching.
Yep! SCORE! See the thread.

@snowboardracer I've been looking for years.....years....for a medium! Still need one. They're scarcer then hens teeth!

I've been considering the large, there are a few on Amazon. There is also a small on Amazon (the size I picked up).

Best of luck,

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Looking for a King's Aluminum Carrier, Medium size. This is the one (color doesn't matter):

We're planning on trekking our fids on a few weekend trips this year and love the King's aluminum carriers. I understand they aren't making them anymore and the mediums are nowhere to be found! Probably a shot in the dark, but thought I'd see if anyone has an extra or spare they'd be interested in selling. Lookin' at you, saroj12 :lol:

Josh, I need all of mine. So sorry I can't help.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am sorry. The listing said medium.

Matt
I know.......I was ready to click buy then thought, wait! It took me several minutes to find the number out there on a different ad. Just didn't want anyone to be disappointed.

With this much interest, you'd think that company would find another place to make these!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

snowboardracer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Josh
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and helpful advice! I wasn't expecting such a response, but I guess these are a bit more sought after than I ever could have imagined! :)

I did pick up a large King's aluminum travel carrier for our Cape, Newman. Didn't think he would be comfortable in a medium for a weekend even if we found one. I like the Pak-o-Bird, @Clueless, but I think I want something a bit larger for Cozmo, our senegal, for a full weekend trip. I'll be sure to let everyone know if/when I find one, and if there are more available.

I do wonder, though, whether the King's small (available on Amazon) would be large enough for our senegal for the weekend........ What do you think?

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think the small is the size that I just bought and it was about the size of the carriers I had already (just way better quality). My zons made it through a couple of days in that size when the furnace was being installed (they were at my daughter's house).

You can always let them out to stretch, right?

Does the large feel really heavy in the kings cages?

snowboardracer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Josh
You can always let them out to stretch, right?
Yes, but they'll likely only be out for an hour or two per day due to our schedules.

Does the large feel really heavy in the kings cages?
I'm not sure yet, it's being delivered Wednesday. Shipping weight is 31 pounds :blink: but I won't need to move it too much...from the house to the car and into the rental when we arrive.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I have two smalls, for my Goffin and Blue Crown Conure.
I certainly think my BCC could make it thru a weekend in his.
Obviously it isn't his big cage but he is able to turn around and do a one-wing stretch.
@snowboardracer

snowboardracer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Josh
In case anyone is still looking, a Medium just popped up on eBay, albeit at an absolutely outrageous price. I'm passing! :hehe:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
In case anyone is still looking, a Medium just popped up on eBay, albeit at an absolutely outrageous price. I'm passing! :hehe:
New ones should be coming out sometime soon

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
$349 good grief Gertrude!!!!!!

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I had given up on finding a medium, and bought a small. 2 weeks ago, Kiings cages were saying 6 months until the mediums come in. They were saying that in January--and they will eventually get them. My advice today is to set an ebay alert for kings travel cage, one popped up this am, it was a medium, so now I have a medium and a small. $120 so I am feeling quite chipper for Louise. It will be a great sleeper cage and a travel play cage. Now I wait to receive it to see if it is as advertised...

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats!

I recently called them about the medium-sized page and they told me six months (again).

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Congrats!

I recently called them about the medium-sized page and they told me six months (again).
I feel pretty lucky. I have surgery coming up and the only way she will get enough human time is to be in my room/6 week recovery. if I am stuck in bed and she flies to me (as she has been lately) it could be bad for both of us...