• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wally! 3 Years Together

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks again everyone! This is the first photo I took of Wally :shy: I had brought her home in an old apple box and put in a dowel of some sort for a perch, and put her in the hallway because I was afraid my cat would get to her. I called a local wildlife rescue and was told to buy her "bird pellets" from a local pet store's bulk bins. (I definitely did not know anything!)

20160815_185355.jpg

Walk or waddle? Lol
Wally did neither actually! It had been raining that afternoon and she was standing in the front vestibule of a building, like she was just waiting for the rain to stop ;) Her wings had been clipped and I found out later from the vet that she was underweight, which was not surprising if she had been outside for awhile :(

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thanks again everyone! This is the first photo I took of Wally :shy: I had brought her home in an old apple box and put in a dowel of some sort for a perch, and put her in the hallway because I was afraid my cat would get to her. I called a local wildlife rescue and was told to buy her "bird pellets" from a local pet store's bulk bins. (I definitely did not know anything!)

View attachment 312845

Wally did neither actually! It had been raining that afternoon and she was standing in the front vestibule of a building, like she was just waiting for the rain to stop ;) Her wings had been clipped and I found out later from the vet that she was underweight, which was not surprising if she had been outside for awhile :(
So sad that someone could lose her and not even look, or even lose her on purpose. I'm just so glad you were there!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Happy gotcha day to both of you! :heart: Slade thinks she's pretty. He whistled at the first picture :lol:
Thank you! Unfortunately, Wally thinks shes hot stuff too :roflmao: When we adopted our sennie, the first words out of Luna's mouth was, "hullo Wally" -- serious.

Its actually a fear of mine that if I took Wally for a play date with other blue Quakers, I may not recognize her! But in your second photo, it does look like Blu's head is more squarish... or am I imagining it now through the power of persuasion?!

20160819_195818 (2).jpg

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Its actually a fear of mine that if I took Wally for a play date with other blue Quakers, I may not recognize her! But in your second photo, it does look like Blu's head is more squarish... or am I imagining it now through the power of persuasion?!

View attachment 312846
Lol! Alot of the times when I see other blue quakers I think they look almost exactly the same too!

And the pictures you linked there of Blu do look almost the same as the adorable Ms Wally floof.

But I mean Blu's is more square in the back on the top. Maybe these pic will explain what I mean. Also their eyes are set differently, though I don't think that's a gender difference

20190628_110330.jpg
20190526_210922.jpg

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
@CrazyBirdChick Yes, I now see what you mean! That first photo of Blu looks the most like Wally to me - but maybe its because the background is blurred so Im only focusing on Blu.

Well, maybe we both just have gorgeous quakers :xflove: I always enjoy your Blu posts :heart:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
@CrazyBirdChick Yes, I now see what you mean! That first photo of Blu looks the most like Wally to me - but maybe its because the background is blurred so Im only focusing on Blu.

Well, maybe we both just have gorgeous quakers :xflove: I always enjoy your Blu posts :heart:

We most certainly do have some gorgeous Quakers! I really enjoy seeing Wally posts too! Thank you!! :heart2:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Happy Gotcha day! :bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle:

It had been raining that afternoon and she was standing in the front vestibule of a building, like she was just waiting for the rain to stop ;) Her wings had been clipped and I found out later from the vet that she was underweight, which was not surprising if she had been outside for awhile :(
She was waiting for you. ♥ I do believe that some things are meant to be.
I'm really happy for you both that have found each other. ♥

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Many congrats!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:Congratwav: and Happy 3rd gotcha day! I think @Eloy is right, she was waiting for the right person to come save her and love her and you were in that place at the right time for that very special reason:heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations!! :loveshower: I'm so happy for both of you!! Sounds like to me too that you two were meant to be together :heart: And that's truly a beautiful thing how you rescued her:marlenesmile: