• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wakes up grumpy?

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
Not just me, but my bird. If I come in while Gilligan is in his Happy Hut, or has just gotten up, he is very agressive. All fluffed up and threatening. He calms down after a bit. Is this common?

Scott

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella only gets mad when I have to go out.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh yes, I have a bunch of grumpy butts if I get them up too early or too late. :huh:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Once Sunny goes in his cage for the night he does NOT like to be bothered until morning- and will let you hear about it if you do bother him. :eek: :backout:

Last edited:

Skipper

Real Name
Scott Schifer
Ok. that is what I figured. Unfortunately, by the time I get home on weekdays, he is in bed. He willing to come out and sit on my shoulder, but wants NO head scratches!

Thanks

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh yes Koopa is a little grumpy snot if I wake her up. She also gets mad if we are traveling and it gets dark and a forgot to put her happy hut in her carrier!

Olmec

Moving in
Real Name
Michael
Oh yeah when Reefer is tired, morning or night he is moody as heck. I was worried at first because I read how social they are, but when he's tired Reefer wants nothing but his cage.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
For sure. Every single morning Josie stalks around with her angry face on and curses at me because it's time to wake up. Miserable little tyrant :xflove:

Aequa

Real Name
Caity
I saw the name of this thread before noticing the board it was in and I'm like 'hm, who's posting about a green cheek now' d: we get moaned and growled at if we wake Yoshi too early or disturb him through the night. And boy is he grumpy if he hasn't had enough sleep. Pepper doesn't seem to get as grumpy but Lolly gets overtired and is irritable with a tiiiiiny attention span :lol:

Skipper

Real Name
Scott Schifer
I failed to heed my own warning the other night. I woke him up when I got home, gave him a few minutes to settle down, and picked him up. OK so far. He runs up my shoulder, so I offer a finger to get him off so he does not bite my ear, and he bites my finger hard enough to draw blood! :jawdrop1:

Not wanting a pissed-off bird next to my face, I used the stick and sent him back to bed.

Gilligans other name is Lil' Monster since he hs bit my wife 3 times.

Inheavenlygrass

Walking the driveway
Oh yeah, Kiwi is a horrible little grouch some mornings. If I have work early in the morning she'll complain at me from her happy hut or the perch in front of it and act like she wants attention before biting me or retreating into her hut and making grumpy noises. :rolleyes: Such a grumpy little beastie! :p