• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Waffle's first raspberry!

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
waffle raspberry.jpg
A big hit!! Waffle sat on my shoulder afterward saying, "Hey Waffle, Hey Waffle" over and over. I think Waffle hoped for another raspberry! (sorry baby, vet says you were eating too much fruit for your size!)

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Adorable!! They always look like they have put lipstick on after eating raspberries. :heart:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It's amazing, because Waffle is only ~4 months old! Of course it is the raspy little conure voice, so not very clear, and never with enough consistency that I can get video. So far we've heard "Night night Waffle", "Love you" and "Baby". Yesterday morning s/he said "Hello!" when I took off the cage cover, and that was a brand new one!
I had very small expectations because I know GCC's are not big talkers, but I do hope this is a sign that we'll have a chatterbox in the future!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Of course it is the raspy little conure voice
@camelotshadow, it's okay. :hug8:Conures usually only speak in ways only the owner understands if at all. Mine was a coupla months shy of 20yo and only said her name and called me PotPot in a language only I understood. But conures are so smart in other ways NO bird can match.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Raspberries (Although we don't feed raspberries that much anymore because Uchtred is allergic)and blackberries are favorite here too! I call it murder beak cause it always looks like a massacre after they eat them lol 20170704_150705-1-1-1.jpg This was Lennerd's face after his first blackberry experience, he was around Waffle's age at the time. :heart:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It's amazing, because Waffle is only ~4 months old! Of course it is the raspy little conure voice, so not very clear, and never with enough consistency that I can get video. So far we've heard "Night night Waffle", "Love you" and "Baby". Yesterday morning s/he said "Hello!" when I took off the cage cover, and that was a brand new one!
I had very small expectations because I know GCC's are not big talkers, but I do hope this is a sign that we'll have a chatterbox in the future!
Pilo took off the same way... now he wont stop! Be careful what you wish for! :rofl: Although I have to say we love it! :heart:

Last edited:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
@Lodah I'm a bit of a chatterbox too, so I suppose that's partly why s/he's talking so early and we'll get along like two peas in a pod!
:blahblah:

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Raspberries are one of the first foods I give my birds when transitioning them from hand feeding to eating on their own. My Nibbles loves them and both she and her cage usually look like a murder scene when she's done with it.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Cheddar took the first look at a blackberry and ran... The boy's just not right. :blink:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Ha ha! Waffle is terrified of bananas. Doesn't matter if it's cut, Waffle HATES them. It was one of the first things I offered because I thought for sure it would be a winner!

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Ha ha! Waffle is terrified of bananas. Doesn't matter if it's cut, Waffle HATES them. It was one of the first things I offered because I thought for sure it would be a winner!
Everyone seemed sure that Sherman would LOVE bananas. No! Bananas are on her "You can't even trick me into eating this" list!

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I thought at first it was because bananas look like a big bird beak. But then I tried cut up, and that didn't work. Maybe Waffle is permanently traumatized from seeing that big yellow beak. :glowlol:

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
@Mark & Da Boyz, my conures HATE blueberries! Every time the conures even see them, the best I can hope is the blueberries only get cast into the poop tray! One was in the chair when I sat down. Oooooooh