• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Volkman Avian Science Super Lovebird/Conure Diet

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
Volkman Avian Science Super Lovebird/Conure Diet
Anyone tried this? I'm always looking for something my blue crown conure won't waste.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Sorry I am no help but love your family :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to give that to my conure but since my other birds get 'tiel and Super Hookbill I just mix those together for him. However he liked the lovebird/conure mixture although he did waste some. He threw out what he didn't want and he does the same thing with the 'tiel-hookbill mixture.
You could get a small bag to try.
What are you feeding now?

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
A mix of Zupreem Fruit blend and Zupreem Pure Fun

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Consider using the zupreem natural if you want to stick with Zupreem.
As for Volkman, the one thing I don't like about the Super Hookbill is that they add peanuts. I've sent emails and talked to two of the reps about this but nothing has changed. The lovebird/conure also contains peanuts. However, I've used Volkman seed for many years.
There's always waste with my birds. They pick out what they like and the other "stuff" goes untouched and remains in the bowl or gets tossed to the bottom of the cage or out of the cage.

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
Thanks for your reply. I am not sold out to Zupreem or Volkman. Just tired of the waste. I have another blue crown that eats Lafaber pellet diet and won't touch the Zupreem. He wastes alot less than she does but Tink won't touch the plain pellets. I actually mix some in with her "treats" and it's always the only thing left.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
How much food are you offering? You can always reduce it slightly and see if that helps the issue.

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
I did do this recently. My daughter fills the bowls for me and I realized she was filling them all the way! So yes that has helped. They get their treats at dinner because they are in the kitchen with us and that keeps them occupied. I saw a suggestion of buying pellets for smaller birds. I'm wondering if that would help or if the ingredients would be different.