• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vines

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Autumn storm damaged the vine at my front door. Guess who took advantage?

IMAG0771_1.jpg

IMAG0775_1.jpg

IMAG0760_1.jpg

Last edited:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Is that Thumper?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome. Beautiful baby.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Love that last pic!

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Is that Thumper?
thats a couple of the gang

Its getting harder and harder to tell Thumper apart from Mr Weasley and his mate Barbie Girl.

Theyre all Sticky sticky and want to be on you ALL the TIME.

But Thumper has no leg ring. He has a narrower body cos hes a few months younger, and he flies high and fast like a SCUD missile off to intercept Saddam. - A birdie with a PLAN. He is also trying desperately hard to speak human, and will look deeply into your eyes and jabber on for hours.

Whereas Barbie Girl and Mr Weasley appear to be practising telepathy. They will often sit on my wrist ( they're HEAVY) and look directly in my face for minutes at a time, but expectantly. Like ' Come on Papa get the hint'.

... Then a few minutes later I come to my senses and they're eating a bag of nuts. I dont know HOW they do it....Neither does my birdsitter, Mr B, who is totally in love with both of them

( Having caiques is like being in a cult - they love bomb you every day lol)

Thumper also likes to sleep alone. High in a corner of the avairy under the roof. On a wooden pillar, in the far corner when he can survey everything and then swoop down, reaching maximum speed and the avairy door at the same time, just as papa enters with breakfast.

He reminds me of that Alexander the Great quote, "He looked down upon his domain and wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer". He needs a little girlfriend soon

Last edited: