• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Very strange story long rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i,ll try to make this short over a wk ago got a call from genesee county humane society,they had a quaker parrot dropped off that needed help,i went to ick up,lil quaker in a crate with ecollar on and he was all bloody(Dried blood and fresh on top part of leg) they told me a younger man dropped him off ..hre was quite upset...had thought other bird bit this one while he was at work he came home blood all over he thought he had stopped it went away came home really bleeding so he took to emergency vet in rochester hills he lives in davison,about hr away..they put ecollar on and i was told they put him on batril,young man took him home next day came home from work bird had chewed tru ecollar blood all over,so he took to humane society,worried he could not care for it as he could not afford another vet bill..ok so i come in ..i ask if i could have surender form so i can call this young man and find out more...take bird home wash him up..not nearly as bad as it looks..took off e collar dremeled beak it was verry sharp so he could not pick as easy packed wound with c- pepper (it didnt look like a bite wound at all more of a scrape)couple of the feathers around that area looked weird so i pulled them..called young man told him what i was doing with bird..he told me the bird was only 3 months he had only had about a month had it sent to him tru delta...i offer the bird back to him told him i would keep it for 5 days to make sure all was ok,i call everyday to give him an update when it is time for him to come get him he asks can i put him in same cage with other bird..i say how old is other quaker he says about same age..i say i really dont feel it was a bite wound but i still would house them differently and when you are hme let them together so you can keep an eye on things...that was 3 days ago i have heard nothing so i call finally get ahold of someone,im told oh we just have been to busy and we dont want to put up another cage can you just keep her for awhile:omg: i say you need to pick up your bird if you want it call me when you are comming,i get a message..cant make it for atleast another wk we are very busy and cant get another cage if you still have it in another wk or so we will take it back :confused: i have a 3month old quaker up for adoption!!!!

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
OMG! Im sad for the bird they still have as they are clearly not good bird owners!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Obviously they really dont want the bird :( Their loss someone elses gain

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I think that quaker would be better off in a new home. It doesn't sound like he really wants him. I feel sorry for the other one if this is how the owner is!! Poor baby.:(

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
OMG! Im sad for the bird they still have as they are clearly not good bird owners!
well they took it to the vet..im just feeling so frus im trying to do all i can to help and i feel nothing on their part like they are not even interested..honestly they seem indifferent when i call and give them updates

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
It sounds like they feel guilty for "dumping" the bird, but that they clearly don't want it back.
Hopefully the little fella finds a loving home through your rescue!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I wouldnt bother calling them anymore. They relinquished their rights to him and you did all you could to get them interested.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't bother anymore either. You tried to help them out,they obviously don't want him back .I sure hope the other bird is ok.
I sure wish I lived closer to you...I'd help clean cages and whatever.You're a saint to thses birds...without you where would some be?

Last edited:

Lex123

I feel so bad for the bird :( I wish I could adopt him.

Tamic332

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tami
Im in Indiana.....wish I could make it up to Michigan....I would give it a home in a heartbeat!!! :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that the bird is now safe in your care.

Matt

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Poor little Quaker... His owners really don't want him.. :(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it sounds to me like they dumped the bird....how awful.

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I guess the only good thing is that they did take him to the vet. I'm glad he's with you and hope you find him the perfect home to where he will be loved and with people that have the time for him. He landed with the right person that will try their best to be sure he has the perfect life. Hope he heals well & I definitely wouldn't give any more updates at all. Thanks for all you do for the birds.

Michaelg

Riding the Skies
Avian Angel
Real Name
Michael
Well, they did take it to the vet. They realized that they couldn't properly care for it. They made an effort, by taking it to the humane soc, to get it placed somewhere that could get it a better home. They didn't know what they were getting into, when they ordered their birds and quickly realized it and took what positive action they could figure out, and they're willing to forgo attempting to recoup the purchase price and vet bill. I guess they're not that bad or neglectful. Are they?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No not really, they did realize it was better to give up the bird. Glad hes in your care Tanya, youll find him a loving forever home....that is if he dosent worm his way into your heart of gold.:)

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Well, they did take it to the vet. They realized that they couldn't properly care for it. They made an effort, by taking it to the humane soc, to get it placed somewhere that could get it a better home. They didn't know what they were getting into, when they ordered their birds and quickly realized it and took what positive action they could figure out, and they're willing to forgo attempting to recoup the purchase price and vet bill. I guess they're not that bad or neglectful. Are they?
you are right they did all the right stuff wich is why i wanted to give it back to them,:confused: i guess they didnt want it back..anyways someone will get a sweet baby quaker ....

Status
Not open for further replies.