• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Very 'natural' sunflowerseeds

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
0ECC180D-E014-421A-A52D-6F62BFB2CBDD.jpeg
i got these sunflowerseeds today for training and there are all these twigs..and i even found corn?:huh:
F30D87BB-A0DE-4491-B9D5-E80ABC9705CA.jpeg
So my questions about this,
Do i need to crack them open before putting them into my container or can they easily break them on their own?

What do i have to check for? (To know which ones are good and which ones are bad)

Edit: i have budgies

Last edited:
Reactions: Jas

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
When I buy seeds for sprouting and treats they have twigs and stuff in them. My budgies don't even take a sniff at sunflower seeds, I would crack them open tbh.

Not sure how the corn get in there though.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
When I buy seeds for sprouting and treats they have twigs and stuff in them. My budgies don't even take a sniff at sunflower seeds, I would crack them open tbh.

Not sure how the corn get in there though.

Thank you i will crack them open
i also found this. It appears to be the back side of a bug :backout:
image.jpg

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Hmmm, if they look or smell off throw them. It could just be accidental stowaway. You could freeze them first for 48 hours to kill any bugs or babies.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Hmmm, if they look or smell off throw them. It could just be accidental stowaway. You could freeze them first for 48 hours to kill any bugs or babies.
I have now gone through the whole bag and I've separated all the stuff that wasn’t supposed to be in there. So I don’t think it will be necessary to freeze them. I’ll see it once i open one up to give it to them. They can split them open themselves but it will be easier to give already opened when training.

Reactions: Jas

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Hope they enjoys