• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Verry disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxpassat

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Oh man, how sad is that!

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
OH MY....I feel your pain!

15 years or so ago, we went and bought a larger tank for our Bala Sharks. I had some that were over 10" long.
When we got home I started the water conversion from one tank to another. In the meantime I'd put the
Bala's in a holding tank. Well...they kept doing "Dolphin Flips" and getting out. SO...we put a lid on the holding tank.

That killed them before the water conversion was done! I couldn't stop crying!
My husband kept saying they were just fish! YEAH...fish that I'd had for years, and they all had names and personalities.

AND...who buys a BRAND Spanking new house, and then has the occupants die! It was devastating!

I hope that you do NOT loose anymore!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
He was a beauty! So sorry for your loss.:sadhug:

The only thing we left when we evacuated for 4 days was our small tank with 2 neons and 2 guppies,I was shocked that they were alive. We had no power for 10 days and they are still kicking, I hope the rest of yours make itthrough.:hug8:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hug8::hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How well I know what it is like for power outs. Never went 8 days though. I am sorry about your fish. That is sad. How are the birds doing??

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
Very sorry for your loss. :sadhug2: I almost lost my tank due to lack of power. I kept boiling water and waiting till it was 75-80 degrees and then adding it to the tank. I also sat there with a turkey baster and sucked out any icky stuff, which took me like 2 hours a day which was ok as there was nothing better to do in the dark at night lol, sat there and did it with led flashlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.