1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by finchly, 8/6/19.

1. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Jennifer
  2. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

I did see on the FDA website where to file a pet food complaint. Was wondering how complicated that'd be?

Thanks for the links.

Hjarta5 likes this.
  3. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Jennifer
    Hawk12237, Danita, Theresa and 2 others like this.
  4. Lynn L.

Lynn L. Meeting neighbors

Lynn
    We have the right to post alternate opinions. That's what a forum is about.

javi and LunaLovebird like this.
  5. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

Found it, and posted. I can not post as to fraud. I did post the problems I found with my order.

That's all any of should do. Describe what happened to 'us'. I tried to be concise and to the point.

If anyone reads it, let me know what you think.

javi, Ankou, Hawk12237 and 8 others like this.
  6. itzmered

itzmered Welcome to Parrotdise Super Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Chris
    Yes you do but if it is upsetting you that much to read others opinions that differ from your then why keep reading them

7. macawpower58

Lynn, please don't single out anyone to fight with.

Just take a breath. We all do get along here. Sometimes it's best to bite your tongue on the small stuff.

Hawk12237 and Karen like this.
  8. itzmered

itzmered Welcome to Parrotdise Super Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Chris

Review looks good with lots of information

Ankou, Hawk12237, Shezbug and 4 others like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Excellent!

10. macawpower58

Thanks Chris.

And Karen!

Hawk12237 likes this.
  11. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    And my dad didn't want to pay to further my education because he thought I was just pretty, would get married early and have babies. Little did he know.

Danita and Clueless like this.
  12. taxidermynerd

taxidermynerd Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Bee (pronouns they/them)
    I'm not enjoying this. It hurts me to see someone taking advantage of people who want the best for our birds. Before this all came out I really liked this vendor, I liked their products. But I cannot, in good conscience, ignore all that has been said. Too many people (including myself) have had negative experiences, to just ignore it.

HappyWingsSanc and rocky'smom like this.
  13. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    Nothing that this vendor said or did was off but maybe my ESP kicked in. I've had it happen before with family members. It was too good to be true, too soon and too fast. Like the person you met in HS, who seemed great, really nice, polite, the whole shebang but came on too hot and heavy and made you back up and keep your back to a wall so you could see where this person was at all times. Don't have a better description other than gut feeling.

Hankmacaw, Ankou, Hawk12237 and 3 others like this.
  14. macawpower58

My only point is to tell your story.
    Let others tell theirs.
    If I'm not witness, nor close to the victim, I'm not repeating it.
    Hearsay does no one any good.
    Once enough stories are out, the truth will be known.
    But too often we repeat what we here, and get it wrong.
    I'd like to hope if something needs done, it's done the right way.

15. Lynn L.

Lynn L. Meeting neighbors

Lynn
    First, it's not upsetting me to read different opinions. I welcome them and am offering my own. I am confused though. The above was aimed at me, quoted my post. It quite clearly singles me out and is not complementary. So I'm sincerely asking why am I the only one in trouble?

LunaLovebird likes this.
  16. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road

Suzanne
    Same senario as Bird Talk magazine subscribers. Very troubling indeed. This type of business practice are very common. Buyer beware has never rang truer. Unfortunately we always can't see these things coming. My takeaway from this is don't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon. Take a step back a research all i can before investing in a new product. It's best to stick with long time established companies.

17. macawpower58

I keep coming back to your statement, and am still scratching my head. :what:

18. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! Vendor

Claire
    I have not heard back from him yet.

19. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! Vendor

Claire
    Break it down PP could be $37.50 by 20 People, or less if 40 chip in!

20. macawpower58

Just my thoughts:
    You get a bunch of old-timers yakking together, and when someone new pops up, their statements sometimes aren't as tolerated as another old-timers.
    It's really not personal. No one wants you gone, or doesn't like you.
    You may have accidentally stepped on a toe?
    Soon you'll be loving everyone here.
    Hankmacaw is actually the best! A little crusty at times, but pure gold down deep.
    If I'm wrong, they'll both stomp me good! ;)

Last edited: 8/13/19 at 8:31 PM
    Dartman, Karen, jmfleish and 11 others like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

1. Just-passn-thru