• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Three of our yelp reviews are 'not recommended.' If you watch the video, it says they recommend based on your activity on yelp, and also they don't recommend the ones that are "ranters."

So maybe tone it down (this is software making the decision so it's looking for certain keywords) but get your point across anyway.

OR review more things on yelp!
I think some have actually totally been removed. When I checked Yelp a few hours ago I saw like 6 or 7 reviews but now there's like 5

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If you want to read some funny reviews look at this Amazon link for reviews posted on Sugarless Gummy Bears. Warning... if you have a leaky bladder you might want to pee first. :coffeescreen:

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Albanese Candy, Sugar Free Assorted Fruit Gummi Bears, 5-pound Bag

Omg!!! I have read them all and my sides are seriously hurting. They are all so wrong :rofl:
I love these reviews :lol:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I think some have actually totally been removed. When I checked Yelp a few hours ago I saw like 6 or 7 reviews but now there's like 5
I didn't think yelp would keep some of those reviews up. Business that belong to yelp , can file a complaint about what is ethical in reviews. Moderators will determine whether to remove posts that are derogatory or inflammatory against business. That why i mentioned be very carful about what you're describing in you're grievances. Businesses have a right to retaliate on the grounds of badgering .

Lynn L.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Hi lynn... You obviously haven't been lied to, ripped off and lied to again by this vendor or have birds that were fed this.
Hi Hawk. I did buy food from this vendor but didn't have the same experience as many others. I can empathize because I have been lied to, ripped off, etc. in other situations. My personal opinion is that I try to take effective action, put my money where my mouth is, file complaints if it's bad enough. If I hadn't received the product but was charged or if the quality was obviously bad, I would take action. Hatred though harms the hater more than it harms the hated. I'm going to screw up this quote but it's something like 'Hating is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die'.

You’re right. People are angry. I myself wasn’t too angry at first but to be continually ignored, manipulated, and lied to - then publicly chastised — I got mad. We all have our limits, and quite a few here have reached them.
I do understand what you are saying. Some statements go beyond what I consider decency too, but we’re all different and have differing levels of what we think is acceptable.
I mean no disrespect whatsoever but - maybe stop reading the thread. ;)
But it's so hard not to read it - it's like trying not to look at that gruesome accident on the highway. :wideyed: Seriously though, a forum is a place to interact and post opinions. I'm just offering a different point of view which was done respectfully. :hug5:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
But it's so hard not to read it - it's like trying not to look at that gruesome accident on the highway. :wideyed: Seriously though, a forum is a place to interact and post opinions. I'm just offering a different point of view which was done respectfully. :hug5:
LOL

Yes - I hope you didn't think I was not respectful. I appreciate you chiming in; every voice is important.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oof. Wow. Thank you, I figured it’d be a bit steep but whoever said it’d be expensive was right.
I'll chip in...if that's minimum charge, then how much is allowed to be sent in? Is it a per item charge !?

melissa68

Walking the driveway
Yes! Please do. Maybe they don't charge. Anxious to see what we can find out. I do however have a Cousin in Chicago and he has access to testing labs.............maybe just maybe if I asked him if he can test for toxins atleast, such as traces of molds, bacteria and pesticides.

Okay, just messaged him he is at U Chicago Medicine. I asked him where tests can be done- in FL or MI. He was in FL working around the Ocala area and would surely know of labs at the college in Gatorland.
I'm near Ocala and I have some of WD mash, chop, rice dinner, and sampler bag of bakery stuff...in case someone actually wants to get this tested

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:roflmao:
My cousin just had a baby shower a couple weeks ago and we got her the belly button book. I feel the need to call her and apologize for buying her newborn such a crap piece of literature lol

Loved the kindle cover / murder weapon review too!
I saw that one! The kindle cover was funny.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Yes you said what you said with very nice language, but you denigrated the experience that many people have had with "This Woman". Maybe you had no problems and that is all you needed to say - not tell others that they shouldn't be angry and harsh about the money stolen (ranging from $15 - $600 for one person), the lies told and the potential danger to their birds. Maybe you care more about someone's feelings than your bird's welfare. Are you aware of "this Woman's" legal issues for the past 15 years - there have been 26 legal issues brought against her in court. She has lived 20+ addresses in the last 15 years. Did you see the bottle of Great Value Peanut Butter powder on her 100% ORGANIC workup counter. She is a liar and a thief.

You made me angry by telling others how they should feel and how they should react to an experience that you haven't had.
Do you remember the saying - Fool me once, shame, shame on you. Fool me twice shame, shame on me. You will always belong in the second group.

Lynn L.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Hi Hawk. I did buy food from this vendor but didn't have the same experience as many others. I can empathize because I have been lied to, ripped off, etc. in other situations. My personal opinion is that I try to take effective action, put my money where my mouth is, file complaints if it's bad enough. If I hadn't received the product but was charged or if the quality was obviously bad, I would take action. Hatred though harms the hater more than it harms the hated. I'm going to screw up this quote but it's something like 'Hating is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die'.

Yes you said what you said with very nice language, but you denigrated the experience that many people have had with "This Woman". Maybe you had no problems and that is all you needed to say - not tell others that they shouldn't be angry and harsh about the money stolen (ranging from $15 - $600 for one person), the lies told and the potential danger to their birds. Maybe you care more about someone's feelings than your bird's welfare. Are you aware of "this Woman's" legal issues for the past 15 years - there have been 26 legal issues brought against her in court. She has lived 20+ addresses in the last 15 years. Did you see the bottle of Great Value Peanut Butter powder on her 100% ORGANIC workup counter. She is a liar and a thief.

You made me angry by telling others how they should feel and how they should react to an experience that you haven't had.
Do you remember the saying - Fool me once, shame, shame on you. Fool me twice shame, shame on me. You will always belong in the second group.
Hmmm, okay that was all-out mean, especially suggesting that I don't care about my bird's welfare. That's not at all what I said. I did not tell others what to feel - to not be angry or anything else. I, in fact agree with being angry if you've been ripped off and agree with taking appropriate action. I'm not saying anything about her character, good or bad. I'm cautioning against the all out hatred I'm seeing in some posts (like yours toward me). If you're angry about my words, that's your decision to be angry. And quite honestly, I don't care what group you put me into.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm sorry to say but I agree to a degree with the poster Lynn L.
I did get me order (39 days). It was short promised products.
I am not feeding it, too many posters raised my suspicions to be certain it's what I want to use.
It may be fine, it may not. I see no proof yet either way. The $113 I've lost over this hurts.

I see bad customer service, poor management, unsavory practices. Yes, I know there's a ton of stuff from her past.
My biggest complaint is no listing of ingredients, % of protein, fats, moisture, etc.... No idea what is in it, nor how to prepare it.
The help offered for consumers trying to get their refunds is good, and there's some good suggestions.

My problem is once I started to see the enjoyment posters were having jumping on this wagon, I fear it lost some of it's serious intent to inform.
There is another thread also going on which I haven't even posted in, it also has this wild glee in helping with this businesses downfall.
Calm statements, truthful exposures, and a desire to find out the truth is what I want to see.

Sadly this has turned into another internet war. It's not helping anyone.
I've checked out various sites (BBB, Ripoff Report, Yelp) and can't find any posted reviews.
I'd like to leave one somewhere.
If there are some, please point me in the right direction.

Mary Lynn, this is not directed at you, it just happens to be after your post.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I'm sorry to say but I agree to a degree with the poster Lynn L.
I did get me order (39 days). It was short promised products.
I am not feeding it, too many posters raised my suspicions to be certain it's what I want to use.
It may be fine, it may not. I see no proof yet either way. The $113 I've lost over this hurts.

I see bad customer service, poor management, unsavory practices. Yes, I know there's a ton of stuff from her past.
My biggest complaint is no listing of ingredients, % of protein, fats, moisture, etc.... No idea what is in it, nor how to prepare it.
The help offered for consumers trying to get their refunds is good, and there's some good suggestions.

My problem is once I started to see the enjoyment posters were having jumping on this wagon, I fear it lost some of it's serious intent to inform.
There is another thread also going on which I haven't even posted in, it also has this wild glee in helping with this businesses downfall.
Calm statements, truthful exposures, and a desire to find out the truth is what I want to see.

Sadly this has turned into another internet war. It's not helping anyone.
I've checked out various sites (BBB, Ripoff Report, Yelp) and can't find any posted reviews.
I'd like to leave one somewhere.
If there are some, please point me in the right direction.

Mary Lynn, this is not directed at you, it just happens to be after your post.
I think there a few on yelp now. But I haven’t checked anywhere else.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
How do you even find them on Yelp? I tried. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.