1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by finchly, 8/6/19.

1. Zara

Zara Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Zara
    sunnysmom, Lady Jane, Hjarta5 and 2 others like this.
  2. JoJo&Loki

JoJo&Loki Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Kelly
    Peachfaced and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  3. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Diane
    I think some have actually totally been removed. When I checked Yelp a few hours ago I saw like 6 or 7 reviews but now there's like 5

finchly and Just-passn-thru like this.
  4. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    Here’s what I heard back from the company. So I’m going to see if I can contact the new place.

4B5D3F00-5B1C-488A-97D9-90B85AC3AC15.jpeg

HappyWingsSanc and Peachfaced like this.
  5. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Omg!!! I have read them all and my sides are seriously hurting. They are all so wrong :rofl:
    I love these reviews :lol:

Lady Jane, Hjarta5, Zara and 3 others like this.
  6. JoJo&Loki

JoJo&Loki Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Kelly
    :roflmao:
    My cousin just had a baby shower a couple weeks ago and we got her the belly button book. I feel the need to call her and apologize for buying her newborn such a crap piece of literature lol

Loved the kindle cover / murder weapon review too!

7. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road

Suzanne
    I didn't think yelp would keep some of those reviews up. Business that belong to yelp , can file a complaint about what is ethical in reviews. Moderators will determine whether to remove posts that are derogatory or inflammatory against business. That why i mentioned be very carful about what you're describing in you're grievances. Businesses have a right to retaliate on the grounds of badgering .

8. Lynn L.

Lynn L. Meeting neighbors

Lynn
    Hi Hawk. I did buy food from this vendor but didn't have the same experience as many others. I can empathize because I have been lied to, ripped off, etc. in other situations. My personal opinion is that I try to take effective action, put my money where my mouth is, file complaints if it's bad enough. If I hadn't received the product but was charged or if the quality was obviously bad, I would take action. Hatred though harms the hater more than it harms the hated. I'm going to screw up this quote but it's something like 'Hating is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die'.

But it's so hard not to read it - it's like trying not to look at that gruesome accident on the highway. :wideyed: Seriously though, a forum is a place to interact and post opinions. I'm just offering a different point of view which was done respectfully. :hug5:

javi, Tiel Feathers, Danita and 3 others like this.
  9. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Finchly
    LOL

Yes - I hope you didn't think I was not respectful. I appreciate you chiming in; every voice is important.

10. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Finchly
    Minimum charge is $750

BeanieofJustice likes this.
  11. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    Oof. Wow. Thank you, I figured it’d be a bit steep but whoever said it’d be expensive was right.

finchly likes this.
  12. Hawk12237

Hawk12237 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Michael
    I'll chip in...if that's minimum charge, then how much is allowed to be sent in? Is it a per item charge !?

finchly likes this.
  13. melissa68

melissa68 Strolling the yard

I'm near Ocala and I have some of WD mash, chop, rice dinner, and sampler bag of bakery stuff...in case someone actually wants to get this tested

14. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    I saw that one! The kindle cover was funny.

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  15. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner

Yes you said what you said with very nice language, but you denigrated the experience that many people have had with "This Woman". Maybe you had no problems and that is all you needed to say - not tell others that they shouldn't be angry and harsh about the money stolen (ranging from $15 - $600 for one person), the lies told and the potential danger to their birds. Maybe you care more about someone's feelings than your bird's welfare. Are you aware of "this Woman's" legal issues for the past 15 years - there have been 26 legal issues brought against her in court. She has lived 20+ addresses in the last 15 years. Did you see the bottle of Great Value Peanut Butter powder on her 100% ORGANIC workup counter. She is a liar and a thief.

You made me angry by telling others how they should feel and how they should react to an experience that you haven't had.
    Do you remember the saying - Fool me once, shame, shame on you. Fool me twice shame, shame on me. You will always belong in the second group.

16. Lynn L.

Lynn L. Meeting neighbors

Lynn
    Hmmm, okay that was all-out mean, especially suggesting that I don't care about my bird's welfare. That's not at all what I said. I did not tell others what to feel - to not be angry or anything else. I, in fact agree with being angry if you've been ripped off and agree with taking appropriate action. I'm not saying anything about her character, good or bad. I'm cautioning against the all out hatred I'm seeing in some posts (like yours toward me). If you're angry about my words, that's your decision to be angry. And quite honestly, I don't care what group you put me into.

javi and Love My Zons like this.
  17. itzmered

itzmered Welcome to Parrotdise Super Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Chris
    If you don’t like what you are seeing then scroll on by to another thread.

18. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

I'm sorry to say but I agree to a degree with the poster Lynn L.
    I did get me order (39 days). It was short promised products.
    I am not feeding it, too many posters raised my suspicions to be certain it's what I want to use.
    It may be fine, it may not. I see no proof yet either way. The $113 I've lost over this hurts.

I see bad customer service, poor management, unsavory practices. Yes, I know there's a ton of stuff from her past.
    My biggest complaint is no listing of ingredients, % of protein, fats, moisture, etc.... No idea what is in it, nor how to prepare it.
    The help offered for consumers trying to get their refunds is good, and there's some good suggestions.

My problem is once I started to see the enjoyment posters were having jumping on this wagon, I fear it lost some of it's serious intent to inform.
    There is another thread also going on which I haven't even posted in, it also has this wild glee in helping with this businesses downfall.
    Calm statements, truthful exposures, and a desire to find out the truth is what I want to see.

Sadly this has turned into another internet war. It's not helping anyone.
    I've checked out various sites (BBB, Ripoff Report, Yelp) and can't find any posted reviews.
    I'd like to leave one somewhere.
    If there are some, please point me in the right direction.

Mary Lynn, this is not directed at you, it just happens to be after your post.

javi, tka, BeanieofJustice and 5 others like this.
  19. MiniMacaw

MiniMacaw Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Lisa
    I think there a few on yelp now. But I haven’t checked anywhere else.

macawpower58 likes this.
  20. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

How do you even find them on Yelp? I tried. :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Lwalker