• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
M
Good to know!
There is another place where those with legitimate concerns can voice your complaints. These complaints become permanent and cannot be removed. It ranks high in Google, so whenever a business in question is Googled, it will show up.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/

Because it's a permanent place to report, please give it very serious thought before voicing anything here.

Absolutely...but be very careful about mentioning other businesses or groups. Speak only of personal experience. Otherwise this could backfire and drag along other's that may not want to get involved.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Don't know about you, but I always read the 'not recommended' reviews. Yelp's filters don't always do what they're supposed to do, and end up moving reviews that I oftentimes find helpful. I don't believe I'm alone or in the minority reading these reviews.
I read the negative reviews also. Many times i get the real situation from them . Not many want to step-up and speak out. I glean a balance from those that have the initiative to speak up.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Agreed. It's a place for permanent factual reporting if anyone wanted another venue on which to report.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I read the negative reviews also. Many times i get the real situation from them . Not many want to step-up and speak out. I glean a balance from those that have the initiative to speak up.
Even positive reviews end up in the 'not recommended' section!

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
On an unrelated note, how does one access alleged criminal activities, court cases, etc against anyone in question? There's an individual completely unrelated to here that I wouldn't mind reviewing.
What State?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Don't know about you, but I always read the 'not recommended' reviews. Yelp's filters don't always do what they're supposed to do, and end up moving reviews that I oftentimes find helpful. I don't believe I'm alone or in the minority reading these reviews.
Oh me too! :rofl:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I read tons of reviews. The only ones I hate are the ones the folks who say nothing but positive things, but give no explanation for giving 3 stars. If you rave about it, why did you give 3 stars? o_O Or folks that offer one-word reviews. Those suck.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I read tons of reviews. The only ones I hate are the ones the folks who say nothing but positive things, but give no explanation for giving 3 stars. If you rave about it, why did you give 3 stars? o_O Or folks that offer one-word reviews. Those suck.

If you want to read some funny reviews look at this Amazon link for reviews posted on Sugarless Gummy Bears. Warning... if you have a leaky bladder you might want to pee first. :coffeescreen:

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Albanese Candy, Sugar Free Assorted Fruit Gummi Bears, 5-pound Bag

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, Sarah said I was living under a rock and pointed me in the direction of this thread. Maybe she was right...maybe I am living under a rock!;) I'm sorry so many people are having problems with this particular company. It made me look up the laws governing pet food and treats in my state (WI) since TNT does sell one food type that we basically just throw ingredients together and we have never once listed as a complete diet (we would never want you to think you should just feed it as such).

The interesting thing I found in the Wisconsin code is that they only consider pet food as food for a dog or a cat. I found that really weird. The other thing I found is that we have several food testing labs that you can have food analyzed at. So, if anyone is interested in finding out what is really in some of this food and you still have some of it, feel free to take a look at this URL: https://datcp.wi.gov/Documents/WIFeedTestingLabs.pdf

I would also like to say that this is why I love AA. We are a family and we are here to support each other and I love the fact that we do. I also want to thank everyone for the walk down memory lane...although I think I'm getting old...I don't remember a lot of stuff from the Perch other than the crazy guy who ran it into the ground and how weird he was! LOL!

I hope you all get some justice from this latest mess. I guess we live and we learn. For anyone who is having a hard time getting their birds to eat a healthy diet, I've found that most birds cannot resist steamed sweet potato mixed with pumpkin from a can, really ripe banana, and whatever you are trying to get them to eat along with some of their favorite food such as seed or whatever they are currently really attached to. It's never failed me. Don't forget that it takes patience and time though but it can be done!:)

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Status
Not open for further replies.