• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Yup from my deck garden. All my veggies for Bebe are grown in my deck in the summer time.

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Your money is your voice. I would cancel the order.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That is one of the issues. From what has been posted, the vendor is not giving refunds.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Cottage food industries and products made from fresh fruits and vegetables do not need this. However, products do need to be listed in order of weight on the ingredient labels.
Not in Illinois. They have to have an animal feed license

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Very strongly worded Yelp reviews created so far. I have a Yelp page for one of my businesses. I receive notifications whenever a review has been created for my company. I can reply to the review as I so choose.
Reviews can't be removed. The only way to remove them is to delete your entire business page from Yelp.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Don’t give up. After my second appeal with PayPal (after being denied twice) and an open investigative claim with my bank, finally the case is closed and my refund is coming within 24-48 hours.

This is after she ignored my refund request a month after ordering and had sent nothing, after she ignored my email, after she sent a package anyway and after the package got here filled with some unlabeled and in my opinion unusable products.

This took a lot of phone calls and a lot of uploading documents to support my case. I wonder if she thinks since she makes it so hard to see a refund that people will stop at the first or even second attempt. Don’t. Keep appealing and keep getting evidence to whoever is investigating to support your case if needed.

Also, since I see someone posted earlier that she said she can’t refund for food sent (even when requested to not be sent), the USPS is very easy to work with and happily took my package back to return to sender. No one tells the USPS what to do but themselves and so finally there was no way for anyone to manipulate the case. Food I requested never be sent and food that wasn’t useable is on its way back to her.
:ballerina:

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Also, since I see someone posted earlier that she said she can’t refund for food, the USPS is very easy to work with and happily took my package back to return to sender. No one tells the USPS what to do but themselves and so finally there was no way for anyone to manipulate the case. Food I requested never be sent and food that wasn’t useable is on its way back to her to enjoy.
:ballerina:

That's what I plan to do, send it back. Do you think I would still get my refund? I told her I was sending it back when it arrived and that I wasn't going to open the box. She hasn't replied to me since.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The "vendor" doesn't always respond to emails for refunds and has for some people shipped the items anyway after they sent a request for a refund. She responded to my first email to cancel my orders for a refund saying she was sorry to hear this and that she actually had my orders packed and ready to ship... with a frowny face emoji. I wrote back, said I was sorry too along with "Will you be refunding me soon?" and she has not replied... That was AUGUST 10th. I see she spends plenty of time on FB but had no time to stay in touch with customers. Classic DIRTBAG in my book. Oh, and btw... my orders were place 7-1 and 7-7... in good faith that I would receive my order in a timely manner, yet, TWICE she publicly wrote on this forum in another thread and on her facebook page that she was shipping newer orders before the older orders so she wouldn't get behind on the new orders. Does THAT make sense?

My dispute has been filed. Such a shame to have to go this route. She's using MY money for her business and I consider she is holding my money HOSTAGE.

I really didn't feel like being mad today. I think I'll add some extra sweetner to my next cup of coffee.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
That's what I plan to do, send it back. Do you think I would still get my refund? I told her I was sending it back when it arrived and that I wasn't going to open the box. She hasn't replied to me since.
She didn’t reply to me after I emailed that I wouldn’t accept her package either. Take the box right on to your local post office and they’ll return to sender. That’s what I did and I did get my refund despite her best attempts at preventing me seeing my money again.
She responded to my first two claims through PayPal and they denied my claim twice. I had to keep appealing. Once I had the tracking number of the package going back to her they made the case in my favor.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She didn’t reply to me after I emailed that I wouldn’t accept her package either. Take the box right on to your local post office and they’ll return to sender. That’s what I did and I did get my refund despite her best attempts at preventing me seeing my money again.
She responded to my first two claims through PayPal and they denied my claim twice. I had to keep appealing. Once I had the tracking number of the package going back to her they made the case in my favor.

Okay, I'll do that. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to catch the postman before he drops the package off and ask him/her to return it. Come H E L L or high water, I'm not giving up.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Okay, I'll do that. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to catch the postman before he drops the package off and ask him/her to return it. Come H E L L or high water, I'm not giving up.
:hug8:Just remember to get a tracking number from the postman if so because PayPal required it. Actually, they required a picture of the tracking slip on the package from me as well as a picture of the receipt of my refused package/return to sender request.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I definitely will, even if I have to take the package to the post office myself. :hug8:
I did have to walk into my local post office to get it done. But once that’s done and you can get evidence that it is to the investigating people, no one can manipulate the case again. It’s just facts, finally.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Very strongly worded Yelp reviews created so far. I have a Yelp page for one of my businesses. I receive notifications whenever a review has been created for my company. I can reply to the review as I so choose.
Reviews can't be removed. The only way to remove them is to delete your entire business page from Yelp.

The moderators can remove reviews. I know this because i was reviewing a skincare company that i have account with.
Iwas complaining that as a professional licensed Esthetician it is not mandatory to have liability insurance in order to purchase Chemical peels (their is no written law) . However this company was withholding all of their exfoliating peels to licensed Estheticians, unless they show proof of liability insurance. This was something new they decided to do. While promoting a certain insurance company. Of course this is a wise choice to have which i do carry. The funny thing is ,this company's exfoliating peel products are very buffered and weak. I purchase my peels from other suppliers. However i think it's the principle of it to demand this. Moderators removed my post because they said i had affiliation with another company. Or that i was a former employee of said company. They may remove reviews if they assume reviewer's are supporting other group's or intrest. Neither one was the case with my reviews , but mentioning other company's or groups may possibly get reviews removed. Mentioning AA on yelp i would caution. I didn't bother fighting about it with the moderators .I have to many other things to do.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Good to know!
There is another place where those with legitimate concerns can voice your complaints. These complaints become permanent and cannot be removed. It ranks high in Google, so whenever a business in question is Googled, it will show up.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/

Because it's a permanent place to report, please give it very serious thought before voicing anything here.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
On an unrelated note, how does one access alleged criminal activities, court cases, etc against anyone in question? There's an individual completely unrelated to here that I wouldn't mind reviewing.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Three of our yelp reviews are 'not recommended.' If you watch the video, it says they recommend based on your activity on yelp, and also they don't recommend the ones that are "ranters."

So maybe tone it down (this is software making the decision so it's looking for certain keywords) but get your point across anyway.

OR review more things on yelp!

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I had to dig up the links. I looked into all this last year and decided it was too much of a pain in the butt to follow all the rules.
I sew children's clothing. You have to jump through hoops for that, too. Each style has to be sent to the Consumer Product Safety Commission and approved. It's too bad small business is NOT supported by our gov't!

You can also leave instructions for your postman, either written or on the USPS website under the tab "Track & Manage".

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Don't know about you, but I always read the 'not recommended' reviews. Yelp's filters don't always do what they're supposed to do, and end up moving reviews that I oftentimes find helpful. I don't believe I'm alone or in the minority reading these reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.