• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh my just got done reading all this x_x sorry everyone is having so much trouble ;_; hopefully everything gets sorted out! Kinda reminds me of the bird toy person who stopped taking emails/ messages. Chasing Enrichment?
You weren't around in the old days, I want to say pre 2009 when the original forum called the perch was around. That was where many of us came from LOL and a similar thing happened. The Guy (he's local to me) not a bad guy but also had an online store too. He must have had fallen on hard times and orders never were fulfilled. And AA was born.

The one thing that I am going to say about @Danita is that she is very fair with all of us allowing us to be here on her site as Vendors. The old board was very controlled, you could not mention other places it was his stuff or the highway.

Business's come and go. Look at the big box stores closing down. In the end all cash flow. But many of us are trustworthy, dependable and credible and have been around here a very long time.

So thankful for AA, Danita, Sarah and those who all keep this place alive and fun. Everyone has each other's back! Exposure can be embarrassing but at the end of the day, our bird's health is the most important thing!

Carry on, peace to all. ;)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The one thing that I am going to say about @Danita is that she is very fair with all of us allowing us to be here on her site as Vendors. The old board was very controlled, you could not mention other places it was his stuff or the highway.
So she doesn't charge any extortion fees? I would. :D

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Oh my just got done reading all this x_x sorry everyone is having so much trouble ;_; hopefully everything gets sorted out! Kinda reminds me of the bird toy person who stopped taking emails/ messages. Chasing Enrichment?
What happened to her?!? Did she send orders?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What happened to her?!? Did she send orders?

Nope, she told everyone her ETAs were like 2 months or something, which people were willing to wait for, and then just...stopped emailing, put up a notice on her website that she didn't have time to answer emails, and then promptly fell off the face of the earth without sending product or refunds. Lots of people had to do chargebacks (if they were still within the time frame!)

To be fair, she was pregnant and I assume life just got more hectic than she planned, but she should have closed shop instead of taking money!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Nope, she told everyone her ETAs were like 2 months or something, which people were willing to wait for, and then just...stopped emailing, put up a notice on her website that she didn't have time to answer emails, and then promptly fell off the face of the earth without sending product or refunds. Lots of people had to do chargebacks (if they were still within the time frame!)

To be fair, she was pregnant and I assume life just got more hectic than she planned, but she should have closed shop instead of taking money!
Oh I hope everyone got their money back. She was copying Dawn. She actually used Dawns toy as her cover photo.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Oh I hope everyone got their money back. She was copying Dawn. She actually used Dawns toy as her cover photo.
That’s crazy! It’s hard to weed out the bad ones at first glance. I know I ordered from you right away when I brought my first birds home and that worked out :heart: but then I ordered from this person we’re all talking about for the first time and now I’m gonna be tangled in a PayPal refund claim for a while. I’m less inclined to try new places now unless I somewhat know the person behind it that’s for sure. Sucks people have to be so dishonest.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You weren't around in the old days, I want to say pre 2009 when the original forum called the perch was around. That was where many of us came from LOL and a similar thing happened. The Guy (he's local to me) not a bad guy but also had an online store too. He must have had fallen on hard times and orders never were fulfilled. And AA was born.

Business's come and go. Look at the big box stores closing down. In the end all cash flow. But many of us are trustworthy, dependable and credible and have been around here a very long time.

So thankful for AA, Danita, Sarah and those who all keep this place alive and fun. Everyone has each other's back! Exposure can be embarrassing but at the end of the day, our bird's health is the most important thing!

Danita and I were just talking about how much this reminded us of The Perch. Take your money and run and never ship the products. The only good thing that happened out of that was AA

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Danita and I were just talking about how much this reminded us of The Perch. Take your money and run and never ship the products. The only good thing that happened out of that was AA
You are absolutely right about AA happening. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Lord Have Mercy.... look how long this post is getting!

Funny, I re-read your post... I did join when it was called "The Perch"! My, how time flies!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Lord Have Mercy.... look how long this post is getting!

Funny, I re-read your post... I did join when it was called "The Perch"! My, how time flies!
It was so quick on how everyone bailed off the perch. Some witty and talented People I think Jill opened the new board. It was temporary and then AA was born!

And today almost 10 years later many are still here.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Everyone is so nice here.

Can you imagine John if you did all that?
If it was me and my t4w customers :omg: they would have zero tolerance for this.
Years ago at my old house I hired a co-workers husband to add a room on to our house. Fast forward and going on month 3... still not finished and asking for money advances within two weeks of receiving scheduled payments I had to ask "what happened to the money I just paid you?" At the same time he was doing some work on one of our medical offices so I figured he was using my money for the work he was doing for the doctors I worked for. I finally drew the line when I came home one day to find peaches from MY peach tree inside my dog pen. Come to find out at least one maybe two of his workers were throwing the peaches at my dog. I told him to pack his bags and his work was done. My co-worker was pretty icey towards me after that. In the end, I can be only SO nice.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
As much as I hate to be the one lone dissenter - my order was delayed but it came after the shipping notice was received and the quality seems fine.
What did you order?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It was so quick on how everyone bailed off the perch. Some witty and talented People I think Jill opened the new board. It was temporary and then AA was born!

And today almost 10 years later many are still here.
I remember there was another site that developed too from some of the people from the perch but I don't remember the name of it anymore. I think I joined it but didn't stay long. Glad to still be here!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I remember there was another site that developed too from some of the people from the perch but I don't remember the name of it anymore. I think I joined it but didn't stay long. Glad to still be here!
I don’t remember what it was called but the whole site was done in hot pink :blink:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was a member of upatsix for many years. From late 90's and on, mostly in caique section. I think my user name was Wings.
Was anyone on that site?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I was her victim too. Did a PP claim and won.
Must have SUCKER stamped on my forehead. When I was single I did for sure.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I don’t remember what it was called but the whole site was done in hot pink :blink:
I don't even remember that.
I remember we were being attacked and we opened a special spot for the attacks to play out, it was a..........
The Perch was good until one of the co-owners died of liver cancer, then it went south.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I don't even remember that.
I remember we were being attacked and we opened a special spot for the attacks to play out, it was a..........
The Perch was good until one of the co-owners died of liver cancer, then it went south.
Oh and @Hankmacaw and I were always in trouble on that board lol We were PITAs

Status
Not open for further replies.