• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm wondering if she just flat doesn't have the stock to fulfill all the orders? I think with the last few big sales she got slammed.

If I don't see a shipping notice by tomorrow, I'll be after a refund too. Hate going that route though.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I freak out if one of my orders is on Day 5 of my 3 to 5 day turnaround :lol: I would be soooo stressed being a month behind.
Mine get pulled, packed same night and shipped next day. Unless an order comes Friday or over the weekend they still ship Monday!

Toy makers the goodness is worth the wait! :D

Last edited:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I am sorry this is all happening to you guys.
:(
But PLEASE check your food. Smell it, is it moist? Does it have webs? I have had a number of PMs regarding the quality. If in doubt throw it out.

I received a shipping notification , as I post this . If I do receive it I don't think I'm feeding to my birds. I'm tossing it! lesson learned. Sticking with professional quality controlled company's, besides my birds love their Harrison's food and bird bread , along with fresh veggies.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I know of one person still waiting from June 1st after multiple inquiries. That is almost 10 weeks.... On a 7 to 10 day turnaround.

Just saying.

I am one of those people , just going to throw it away if I get it. always have an extra 5lb bag of Harrisons in stock and quality seed/ grain mix for emergency's. Harrisons is still their favorite ,my birds didn't care to much for the other birdie bread and food.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I received a shipping notification , as I post this . If I do receive it I don't think I'm feeding to my birds. I'm tossing it! lesson learned. Sticking with professional quality controlled company's, besides my birds love their Harrison's food and bird bread , along with fresh veggies.
That’s what I did with everything I had. I don’t have money to waste but the peace of mind was priceless.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
As much as I hate to be the one lone dissenter - my order was delayed but it came after the shipping notice was received and the quality seems fine.
That's good , it not the delay that's troubling , it's the lack of communication, of backorder / supply and demand .

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@finchly, speaking of orders , how's my paintings coming along . I haven't heard any updates on them. :)
Thereby making me a hypocrite? :arghh: The one is complete of the parakeets. Need to move forward on your other one. When I get home i can show you (if you want) there’s not much to it yet. LOL

As much as I hate to be the one lone dissenter - my order was delayed but it came after the shipping notice was received and the quality seems fine.
Not a problem! I didn’t start the thread to bash her. I’m glad you have had a good experience.

I had earlier today sent notice I'd have to be asking for a refund of not shipped tomorrow.

Just received shipping notice.
*Major eye roll*

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
If this is the company I think it is, I purchased some sprouts in person at a pet store, and haven't had issues with the quality. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, I'll make sure to keep an eye on the quality, and scrutinize carefully when purchasing in person. :smug:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
I never had an issue with quality luckily. Just stinks to wait over a month, have to beg for an update, then finally receive substitutions on half of my order and no promised freebies to make up for them admittingly forgetting about my order. :(

I love to support small businesses but sadly will stick to the major ones (Harrison’s, Caitec, Etc) when it comes to food and treats from now on, and continue marking fresh stuff at home.

ETA I do need to try some Things for Wings and Avian Organics stuff too soon!!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Thereby making me a hypocrite? :arghh: The one is complete of the parakeets. Need to move forward on your other one. When I get home i can show you (if you want) there’s not much to it yet. LOL
"Oh my, there by the grace of god go I"
:pinklol2:

Whatever you like , just thought I check-up on the progress since we are on the subject of orders …:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I am sorry for everyone who is going through this.:( No one should have to wait a month or more for a package and not receive updates and/or apologies from the seller. It is really inexcusable. :( If that were my money I would have wanted a refund if I gone two weeks without any sort of update or a refusal to my inquiries.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My two cents, on behalf on Avian Avenue...

If you have a problem with an AA vendor, please bring it to our attention. It doesn't have to be a public event but even a simple message to a staff so we are aware of issues. While maybe one mistaken order could be overlooked multiple problems will investigated.

This is not the first vendor we have removed for issues, it's just the first public one.

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Oh my just got done reading all this x_x sorry everyone is having so much trouble ;_; hopefully everything gets sorted out! Kinda reminds me of the bird toy person who stopped taking emails/ messages. Chasing Enrichment?

Status
Not open for further replies.