• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds like they may have talked to TOPS & employed the same Co-Packer. MM knows the big selling point for TOPS pellets was the fact that they were "Cold Pressed".
From thr MBASkool... Co-Packer is defined as:
"A co-packer which is another way of referring to a contract packer, is a company which undertakes the task of manufacturing and packaging of food and other products for its business clients."

This is all done for a price but using their Facilities, machines, & labor. These bites look like tops food to me, Nothing like what I have here or that any of our fids consumed. She just had a bites or vitalis sale. Maybe she's trying to get ahead of us. It is my opinion that everything we post on here, is helping her. We could try & start a chain PM for the people that are actively organizing & working this scenario & just post updates & needs. Just a thought...

-----

@JoJo&Loki & @finchly

I have some lab info for ya'll, an idea, & some misc. itms to consider. I will Pm ya'll tonight after Buddy goes to bed. If a pm conglomeration starts please pull me in.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It also sounds like someone's passing along what's being said here.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Very likely, or she can read the forum as well I believe.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I thought she was blocked from this forum? @Danita

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: She can write any freaking thing she wants but whether it's the TRUTH is whole other banana
Exactly! The hard truth issue at hand is someone creating a food for birds with no vitamin or mineral fortification. This right here in the long run is going to cause birds who become hooked or addicted to this sweet crap ill. She has zero knowledge on avian nutrition, none. No degree in anything related to the Avian Field to be certified as a nutritionist. She's tossing ingredients anyone can use fresh, and concocting a dry, pellet version.

That's all these things are. On the realm of cleaning her machine with all that is going through there especially the use of Peanut related items, not good.

She obviously has People reporting back for the words used in a post about the pellets coloring etc. She's playing russian roulette with her lack of knowledge.

And she's an CROOK, THIEF and a SCAMMER.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They've always had added Vitamins... Was one of the reasons I wanted to try them.

This thread has been open to read by anyone for 100 pages. Regardless if anyone is being a mole is irrelevant. If you're saying anything you don't want to leave this board, take it to a PM. It's a public forum.

I said some where else in this thread, I'm glad she is seeing it and answering questions and seemingly doing the things she should be. Her bettering her products and services helps all the birds that are still eating it.

That being said, I'm hesitant to actually use the products I bought due to the differences in Ingredients on the package vs website, so I haven't opened them.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
OK.
If you have a bird that has been made ill or died through the use of these products, please make a video. Include your bird! (If possible) and yourself. If you don't want to be on-camera we can blur out your face. If you have the product packaging please show it, otherwise name it.
If your vet is involved, share that information. If you just had spoiled food, at least share the name of it and a photo. And the date if you know, or at least "July 2019".
Don't worry about bloopers in videos, just start over; I can even cut those out (sometimes I start over with the camera still rolling). Be as specific as you can.

@taxidermynerd
@Mockinbirdiva
@Hawk12237
@Mizzely
@Karen
@EkkieLu

Who have I missed?

Yes. "If you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages."

In other words -- SHE has to prove we were slandering or whatever. That we were making false accusations. That's why we need the testing and the vet's reports.
Sorry for a late reply... my sister arrived yesterday afternoon, I've only had maybe a total of four hours sleep in the past two nights and worked today at the gallery for the block party. The only food I ever received from WD ( outside of the two orders I cancelled, received and sent back) was from the chop special BOGO back in March this year. Those products were Hearty Harvest chop, Big Eats for little beaks-Autumn blend, Festive Feast Chop-winter blend, and Bountiful bouquet chop- Spring Blend. I will check the packages I did open, just a couple and I fed very little of those dry, not rehydrated. I have unopened bags and will have to look at them to tell you what they are. My birds did not get sick, but bear in mind they were fed very little of it. My bags were not as "pretty" as the photos on her site and looked to me like the scrapings of the barrel. The only thing I did notice of a couple of my crimson bellies went into a heavy molt after I had given them some but I can't contribute it to the chop if they actually ate any of it. I was suspicious of the food causing this when the heavy molts happened twice. I'm not willing to give them the same stuff to see if they do the same heavy molt to attribute it to the food. I will gladly send any of the unopened packages to whoever needs it for testing. These bags do not have an expiration date on them but they do have the ingredient list provided on the back of the bag. When I get a chance I can take photos of them.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Honestly the new pellets worry me the most. I'm worried that she used commercial artificial dyes meant for human consumption. There are certain dyes that are toxic to small animals and birds but are safe for humans.

Precisely

Yes, I had to Google what a proofer was. And all I could see between retail and commercial is they are used in bakeries.

So she's baking now, and making pellets. I do not see how these machines can cut or chop them up.

Unless she is using bulk pellets and adding colors and then baking them again.

They look too much like Roudybush IMO.

Very familiar pellets.

Where the HE double hockey sticks is she getting all money for all this^^^ " fancy" ^^^hardware?:jawdrop1::shy::jawdrop1:

From us!

It also sounds like someone's passing along what's being said here.

Yesss.......

I have only one guess.................curious to know if this Person is still feeding her birds this garbage.

:(

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's what I meant, view as guest. I haven't had anything to do w/ her since this thread began, except sitting back & watching her site. (I know I am not the only one doing this here...)

I want ALL our birds & anyone else not affiliated w/ AA to have safe fids. I think that her food is the equivalent of poison for these little guys & gals. We should protect them, its OUR job (IMO)!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I still have many unopened bags of different mashes and what not out in my garage. Plenty for testing.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Anyone can read this thread. If you are afraid of what you have said on here then I would suggest you shouldn’t post it. This is a public forum and guest can read things.

Do not become a lynch a mob it does you no good and gets to the point where people won’t believe what you say.

Do not insinuate that members on here are running back and telling her things unless you have proof. Gossip mongers are not needed

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No gossip insinuated here, was just stating a fact. Sorry if I started something, that definately wasn't my intent.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
According to her the proofer is the first part of the machine. The pellets in her pictures are extruded and in no way came from a proofer/dryer. She needs to get her stories straight

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
According to her the proofer is the first part of the machine. The pellets in her pictures are extruded and in no way came from a proofer/dryer. She needs to get her stories straight
I just read this on her site. A million years ago I worked in a bakery of sorts... The proofer was where we put items that the dough needed to rise. Like that towel you place on bread that's wet & place on or near the oven. Similar concept.

Warm, moist heat, but not hot enough to cook...

Status
Not open for further replies.