• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Velociraptor update

Aerein

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Well, we have turned major corners over the last year, wow. Looking back from the screaming, attacking, biting, angry, scared bird....we are working on bite pressure now. Now that Harvey has decided to be friends she gnaws like a dog with a bone, lol. I think pirates had macaws to gnaw on the bones of their enemies, lol. Heres an upside down picture, Harvey is an upside down goof. I think she likes that more than anything, i have never had a bird that layed on her back and played on her own all the time, lol. I wanted to update, she has gained weight, the feather destruction has slowed to a minimum, the screaming is moderate, bites are few now......and mostly a grab warning instead of the prior aggression. She is even choosing to get attention over treats now, i know i am not on often but i wanted to throw out a stick in there for everyone having issues. It can be hard, i was raised with birds and this has been the hardest rescue i have ever done. But one day it will hopefully click and you will be rewarded. And a thank you to those who kept encouraging me when i needed it!

Attachments

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Beautiful, just beautiful.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Yay! Awesome :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Thank you for the update and the beautiful picture of you both :)

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such an adorable baby! Good on you both for getting so far!

:cheer:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You did great Linda! I love the picture of you both, just heartwarming and inspiring :loveit:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
It's always nice to see positive updates :) Lovely pic!!!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's a wonderful update. I well know how much patience, disappointment, joy and sadness goes into rehabilitating a bird that has been ruined by someone else.

Aerein

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Thanks everyone.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Well, we have turned major corners over the last year, wow. Looking back from the screaming, attacking, biting, angry, scared bird....we are working on bite pressure now. Now that Harvey has decided to be friends she gnaws like a dog with a bone, lol. I think pirates had macaws to gnaw on the bones of their enemies, lol. Heres an upside down picture, Harvey is an upside down goof. I think she likes that more than anything, i have never had a bird that layed on her back and played on her own all the time, lol. I wanted to update, she has gained weight, the feather destruction has slowed to a minimum, the screaming is moderate, bites are few now......and mostly a grab warning instead of the prior aggression. She is even choosing to get attention over treats now, i know i am not on often but i wanted to throw out a stick in there for everyone having issues. It can be hard, i was raised with birds and this has been the hardest rescue i have ever done. But one day it will hopefully click and you will be rewarded. And a thank you to those who kept encouraging me when i needed it!
Now there's a sweetie

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome update.