• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vasa's Still Looking for their Own Forum - Pic Sharing of Moses and Eva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
We hope admin is still considering our own forum. I know there are only a few Vasa owners on AA but we are all active and willing and wanting to share this rare parrot with our AA and other FID lovers. Do not only consider the number of owners - consider the number of people we can reach and educate. The web has information from 20 plus years ago as current and many breeders just do not share that much. There were very few Vasa's available this year - some seasoned east coast breeders did not have a brood or lost their hens to egg binding. Many are on waiting lists of up to three years for a baby. We are blessed with two as pets - Moses and Eva and two as breeders - Astro and Venus. Astro is ready to mate - Venus is in her nest a lot but has not lost any feathers, turned yellow or orange, or had her feathers go oily. Here is Moses and Eva tonight!

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just my two cents, but it's rather annoying to see a thread title with this request in it every few days :) I understand you love Vasas, and they are super cool birds, but you are actually going to get MORE traffic on your photos and posts on a forum like "other parrots" than you will in a Vasa specific one.

What kind of diet do you feed your pets and breeders? Is it different for each pair?

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just my two cents, but it's rather annoying to see a thread title with this request in it every few days :)
I agree, my suggestion would be to PM the MODS and ask that way. I imagine that creating a sub forum might be a bit more complicated than making a sticky, so be patient with them and respect their answer, even if it's a no :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
We are discussing it,We also feel that He would get more traffic on the Other Parrots forum,BUT I do believe We are getting close to letting You try an exclusive forum and see if it will be busy enough to warrant moderation.You do know that You could start a Group (drop down menu on community).Thanks Theresa:hug8:

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
Thanks for the public feedback. Admin has been very good to me in keeping me up to date. Here is a letter I wrote them:

Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 Greater Vasa Parrots and 2 more on the way. While there are only a few other owners on AA - the curiosity, education, information sharing, requests for information, questions, and interest seem very high. There is not alot of things recently published on Vasa's and most of the old stuff contradicts the new stuff. I know I am a daily forum skimmer and will share our insights and adventures as well as answer questions as we grow with our Vasa family. My wife is also on the forum and we see this as a way to truly educate our fellow parrot owners in a unique, often misunderstood, but great species to own as a pet. Again, thanks for your feedback and looking forward to your favorable consideration. What I can say is my wife and I will be committed, if approved, to making sure that the category is worthy of an AA Forum but ensuring it is current, relevant, and accurate.

Gratefully, Respectfully, and Honorably,

Sir Vasalot and Lady Vasavere

With that said I will quit petitioning as my goal is to invigorate, motivate, and educate and not seperate, debate, or anger folks on something this small. The forum is outstanding and either way we all win.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.