• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Various varied questions...

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
And tell yourself there's no such thing as super plastics. Why don't you discuss that with my Org. Chem. prof. HMM Why aren't self-cleaning ovens and toasters odorless? HMM Explain why as a QAQC did I test for polytetrafluoroethylene by smell first from the peanut butter factory cooker. HMM I guess that thesis I wrote at TAMU was phony.

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
And tell yourself there's no such thing as super plastics. Why don't you discuss that with my Org. Chem. prof. HMM Why aren't self-cleaning ovens and toasters odorless? HMM Explain why as a QAQC did I test for polytetrafluoroethylene by smell first from the peanut butter factory cooker. HMM I guess that thesis I wrote at TAMU was phony.
I feel like I missed something in this thread. Hopefully this comment is useful for answering the OP's concerns - but I couldn't tell you - as my higher education never included organic chemistry. :zipped1:

------

To OP - Firstly, congrats on your new little buddy, and for taking the time to do research into the best care for him/her. Have you posted photos of your bird anywhere? Sounds like a real cutie. Enjoy watching your little friend grow up!

For now, while you try to talk to your parents about non-stick (& various other acronym) pans, try to figure out when cooking will be happening. As others have suggested, you can close the door to the room, open (screened) windows as wide as weather permits, and make sure you're ventilating as well as possible.

Good luck! Keep doing research and asking questions. :woot2:

Linearis

Walking the driveway
Yeah I've been opening the window, have a fan also pointing towards door, my door is also always closed. Have AC and I think that counts as fresh air too...? Idk, I can't open the window too much though or the AC doesn't work and then it gets as hot as 28C in my room. Yesterday without saying anything my parents used the non-stick rice cooker but bird was fine, guessing the rice cooker doesn't even get hot enough to release bad gas into the air... just my thought anyway. I figured the rice cooker would be fine but I was still a bit worried. And yeah you can see a picture of her on my welcome post! I changed her name though... her name is now Lumi. xD; I should probably mention that in the thread.

Linearis

Walking the driveway
What's an air handler? And my AC is attached on window so doesn't it pull air from outside...?

Barbara jasko

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Barbara
OH. LOL. Here in Florida we don't see too many window AC anymore. Most places have central AC. So you must be correct. The window AC probably pulls air from outside.