• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vacuum means bathtime...

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
We noticed that Kiwi wouldn't bath as often as one would expect her too. She does NOT like showering with me and usually runs from the spray bottle unless she's already wet (she LOVES it then). She only would usually take a bath every couple weeks or so... and now we know why. Every couple weeks or so we vacuum the house. My stepmom had started vacuuming when Kiwi stepped down into her water dish, dunked her head, and started shaking it all around. Bath time! She stopped and looked at me, then to where we keep the spray bottle. "Mama! I want to take a shower now!"
My stepmom turned off the vacuum to answer the phone around the same time Kiwi was done bathing, but when she turned it on afterward... Kiwi started all over again! We kept turning it off and on and every time the vacuum started, she started splashing in her water. Not sure why the vacuum cleaner makes her want to bath, maybe it makes her feel dirty, but now anytime it's time for a bath... just turn the vacuum on!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Silly Kiwi! Many birds like to bathe when they hear the sound of a vacuum. I think it must remind them of thunderstorms or something. So I need to know your secret, how do you get away with only vacuuming every couple of weeks with a bird? I have to vacuum every day!:wtf:

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
Silly Kiwi! Many birds like to bathe when they hear the sound of a vacuum. I think it must remind them of thunderstorms or something. So I need to know your secret, how do you get away with only vacuuming every couple of weeks with a bird? I have to vacuum every day!:wtf:
Lol! Our house is all open put the 'bird room' in an old add on to the house with tile flooring, so we can just do a quick sweep sweep. We vacuum more when she's molting or wants to be out and about all day because the rest of the house is carpet. :dance4::birdance:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Vacuuming around here is bathing time! Buddy also likes to yell and grumble at the vacuum cleaner...:rolleyes: