• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vacuum cleaner for parrot? (

SarahPolson

Moving in
Real Name
Sarah
Hello. My parrot is very dirty, cracks paper, poops on the fly, cracks foam or foam rubber. In general, there is always small rubbish in the apartment, there is no time for vacuuming, I thought to buy a robot vacuum cleaner, but it is not true that it is good. How do you deal with it? Give me an advice, please?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
cracks foam or foam rubber.
I don´t know what that is, but it doesn´t sound very bird friendly.

I use a cordless hoover and I love it, super quick. My mum has a robot and loves that but she has no birds.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I use a shopvac for large debris and a Dyson for regular cleaning.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Shopvac or Shark Navigator is what I use! It only takes 5 mins once a day.

If I were to get a robot I would use one meant to use in garages for hardware

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I have the eufy pet robo vac and its held up to a lot but I only have one bird. She dont chew up wood or anything, she likes to chew up a lot of cardboard and paper. Its done well at picking up cat food, litter, pellets, and cardboard so far. Does wonders on cat hair. I have to empty it once every 2 or 3 days but other than that I love mine. Make sure everything is picked up out of the floor that it could get stuck on though. Thats if you decide to get a robovac :) I like my shop vac though on the days there is huge messes I just want quickly out of the way.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I got one of the 1st Roombas and after 14 yrs its still going strong

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Birds are messy pets, thats for sure. You get used to it :) I just use a hand vaccuum as soon and almost every time I see a mess (I leave it next to Charlie's cage), takes a few seconds and makes weekly cleaning of his cage and area less discouraging :)

Loubear64

Moving in
Real Name
Louise Jacobs
Hello. My parrot is very dirty, cracks paper, poops on the fly, cracks foam or foam rubber. In general, there is always small rubbish in the apartment, there is no time for vacuuming, I thought to buy a robot vacuum cleaner, but it is not true that it is good. How do you deal with it? Give me an advice, please?
I find my hoover does not take care of parrot messes. I really have to use my shop vac so I don't burn up my hoover vac.