1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

**Vacation Time** *UPDATE* Sakie at the vet

Discussion in 'Macaw Motorway' started by Macawnutz, 6/22/19.

1. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    So, Sakie went back to work on light duty Saturday night. She seems to be doing fabulous! Which of course brings us back to the scheduled vacation but... I'll post a new thread. ;)

saroj12, rockoko, Big Blues and 12 others like this.
  2. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    So glad to hear that Sakie is doing so much better!

3. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    I still can't believe she can generate a sound like that. It's literally shocking. Wow.

4. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah

I think it's awesome! Scares the crap out if people and we have the same feelings in how people should behave in public. ;)

I missed her Sunday. The show had ended and the guests were leaving. One, maybe 5 year old child was throwing a fit about something. The parents attempted to teach him lesson? I'm not sure... They said they were leaving and left! The child shocked at first... Sat in the middle of my floor and started screaming at the top of his lungs! Looked around and didn't see his parents still, proceeded to start rolling on the floor. Kailua would NOT have tolerated that. She would have scared him out! I finally said "HEY, If your going to cry go outside" just then the dad walked around the corner... I told him I charge extra for babysitting! UGH

saroj12, rockoko, aooratrix and 7 others like this.
  5. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Tanya
    I can’t believe they left him there! I mean, I understand trying to teach him a lesson but — dumping him on you, without asking??
    *shakes head*

6. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Didn't you have an extra cage?

7. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I'm slow. Read this, closed thread, just caught what you meant!!!

Macawnutz and Shezbug like this.
  8. Alan J.

Alan J. Jogging around the block Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Alan Jardine
    Thanks Sarah. Is there any cause to that behavior? When certain people get too close to Alex, he "bites" his leg (was wondering if your foot bite was the same as his leg bite), it has always bothered me.

9. Macawnutz

Sarah

I would say it's the same behavior. Kailua uses the foot bite as an anger mechanism. The high scream can go with it but it doesn't have too. She uses both independently. Kailua has made it more of a drama habit to where sometimes I find her using it in less than needed instances. When action or noise is abundant she adds in her chaos. BUT... if someone she doesn't like comes near that's exactly what you will get.

10. Macawnutz

Sarah
    Sakie rode her bike today and she was SO HAPPY. I only let her do half the table. ;)

Clueless, saroj12, iamwhoiam and 7 others like this.
  11. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Biking along the boulevard Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    :swoon:That's makes me SO HAPPY, that she was so proud of herself that she was that HAPPY. Just imagining it brings a smile to my face:cloud9::pinksmile:

Last edited: 7/13/19 at 3:48 AM
    saroj12, Shezbug and Macawnutz like this.
  12. Alan J.

Alan J. Jogging around the block Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Alan Jardine
    Thanks Sarah.

13. Sarah13

Sarah13 Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    Well wishes, I'm glad she's doing okay.
    I hope she gets better and better!

14. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    Sakie :ygg:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)