• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Using words in their right context

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Dogs just started barking outside and before I even opened my mouth Mr Sun screamed from his cage in other room....Maddieee, Dobbiieeee. I have never heard him using either dogs name and here he is using both names in the right context. Made me burst out laughing, and I hope to God I don't have the same voice as Mr Sun when I call on them.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Pilo has about 12 phrases in his vocabulary... but its the "ONE EYE STARE" that breaks me up every time he is annoyed about something! :shifty:

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Henry can call us by our names, (tequila, Zen puss puss puss, Zoe meow meow meow, Evelyn, Peter, John, Doug and Phoenix) . Tell us when he wants out of his cage "out" and if we take too long it's then he says "out, NOW". Dinnertime when he is hungry. Bedtime when he goes to bed and just lately he started saying goodnight.

Rolanda

I just noticed Beaks saying the dogs name "Mia" this weekend. But she doesn't seem to hear it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Pilo has about 12 phrases in his vocabulary... but its the "ONE EYE STARE" that breaks me up every time he is annoyed about something! :shifty:
"THE LOOK" is the perfect communicative device, isn't it?

Milton has it down pat...he says, "WHATEVER" or "YEAH RIGHT" when he wants to stress the fact that he's displeased at something...or someone (usually me)

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird calls me "hahahaha" but it sounds like my laugh. He calls my husband "step-up". He basically named us himself. I laugh a lot and my husband wants Bird on him all the time so it makes sense.

He says "want some!" when he wants our food or something we have. He says "Wow-chick-wow" when he wants to show me something. (His wings or morning poops).

He has the quietest little "tweet?" that you've ever heard. It is really cute and he does it when I am annoyed with him.

After a really loud obnoxious screaming fit he says, "shut-up Biiiiiiiirrrrd". He also laughs whenever he bites my husband.

Last edited:

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Mr Sun has a very potty mouth normally so it's nice to see he is picking up on other things, his favourite words are still heck it or if the evil twins are out and are annoying him and he try to get one of them and they fly off and he misses (he has never managed they are so quick and these days he hardly cares) he usually says heck really loud after the miss :hehe:.
He learned this at his old home got a feeling it went something like, they went to pick him up and he bluffed and screeched and went to bluff bite they removed hand and said "heck it. They had him perfectly trained with the bluffing :lol:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
"THE LOOK" is the perfect communicative device, isn't it?

Milton has it down pat...he says, "WHATEVER" or "YEAH RIGHT" when he wants to stress the fact that he's displeased at something...or someone (usually me)
:rofl: Ditto here! :laughin:and usually followed with OK... yep!

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Angel swears when she gets scared or cranky. Henry hasn't pick up these swear words.......yet.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
All you potty mouth people!! :laugh:

I always have a hard time convincing people WE DO NOT CUSS. They're like be careful, your birds will pick it up, yadda yadda. Yawn. We don''t say those words.

BUT @Valkyria I had one of those surprise moments myself. We were cleaning in the bird room and I guess Skittles parrotlet wasn't getting attention. He went into this tirade of chatter. He was saying his name, imagine a small lchild saying 'skittles' without the l. He yelled "Skitteeeeeeeeews" and then hahahahaha and I realized....um... that's me. :faint: It's how I call him,, and how I laugh.

Then he was playing peekaboo but it was in fast forward, i tried to join in but couldnt keep up. "Three! Peekaboo!" He said. Then he put on a lower voice and said a string of things I didn't understand. When I said "What?" He started doing this lonnng kissing noise.

Never a dull moment.