• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent (Urgent) I'm in need of help..again!!

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
And why would you say your not trusted here? Who said you weren’t trusted here? You don’t need to be trusted to be on AA.

Last edited:

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
If he is still sick than you should go to the vet. (If you haven’t already)
We've been to the bent and we are working on it.
I get it's a valid and acceptable question to ask.
I have taken him to the vet, I have done whatever I can, in fact he's doing better now.
(it's evening here now)
He's been singing, eating etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Vet care is important not taking them to see one is just plain awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Woah! Woah!
It's not about you. I'll spell it out. I am concerned about this vet, and his treatment of Turbo, as are all the members posting here to help Turbo.
Exactly. Being concerned that something is being missed in Turbo's care doesn't mean we don't think you're doing your best. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just trying to troubleshoot.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Woah! Woah!
It's not about you. I'll spell it out. I am concerned about this vet, and his treatment of Turbo, as are all the members posting here to help Turbo.
Thank you, ah I'm sorry!
I'm just very frustrated and sad, that bird is just my best friend, really! :(

On the positive side, he's been eating since noon today, as well as he's been singing and whistling.
he's getting better, but only tomorrow will tell.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Exactly. Being concerned that something is being missed in Turbo's care doesn't mean we don't think you're doing your best. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just trying to troubleshoot.
Thank you.
Ah man I'm just so sad and frustrated, so I might get a little defensive, I'm really sorry if I sounded way too defensive etc!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My parrots are located far away from the kitchen and is not getting in contact with smoke etc.
Body sprays and deodorants are no where near them, they're always applied behind a closed door in the bathroom.
candles are as well no where near them.

@Datlynx this quote by you is what made me think that you use forbidden things in your home - you no where say you don't use them, only that they aren't near your bird. Fumes go everywhere - around, under doors, through vents everywhere.

If I had had the brains to look, I would have realized that English is not your first language. Your English is very good, but I realize that is much different than it being your first language.

If you can give us what it says the medications are on the containers you have, I can try to translate. Knowing what the meds are will give us an idea of what your vet is treating him for and give us something to make suggestions for. I repeat antibiotic nor fungicides work for a virus and there are few medications for viruses and those medications are specific for a particular virus. Vets have no way of testing which virus it is.

I hope you get to the bottom of your baby's illness. Keep giving him a lot of supportive care.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard

@Datlynx this quote by you is what made me think that you use forbidden things in your home - you no where say you don't use them, only that they aren't near your bird. Fumes go everywhere - around, under doors, through vents everywhere.

If I had had the brains to look, I would have realized that English is not your first language. Your English is very good, but I realize that is much different than it being your first language.

If you can give us what it says the medications are on the containers you have, I can try to translate. Knowing what the meds are will give us an idea of what your vet is treating him for and give us something to make suggestions for. I repeat antibiotic nor fungicides work for a virus and there are few medications for viruses and those medications are specific for a particular virus. Vets have no way of testing which virus it is.

I hope you get to the bottom of your baby's illness. Keep giving him a lot of supportive care.

I might also have been caught up in alot of things at once and didn't word it very well, anyways...
the medications turbo has been given is unknown to me, I haven't gotten anything brought home from the vet, we just traveled back and fourth with him for a week to get a new shot, I'm meeting with the vet on Friday, I'll ask him as soon as I can!

It's been a odd ongoing thing with Turbo, we've also had a talk about, what if he's just very sensitive in his stomach and needs to be kept an eye on.

Yet, thank you for all the advice etc.
Turbo is thankfully doing okay tonight, I just checked on him, he wasn't that drowsy, it was worse this morning.
I'll let him have a good night's sleep and then tomorrow will tell what to do next.
if he's gotten worse, the vet will be called immediately. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's good that Turbo is improving. Hope this continues. Is the injection listed on the bill you were given? If so it might state what type of injection.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Datlynx I understand that there's a language barrier and that your vet hasn't given you much specific info. But if you want to and are able to give me a summary of the meds/tests after your next appointment, I might be able to suggest other things to try. If not, no worries! :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad Turbo seems a bit better, and I hope he continues to improve!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
What are some of his symptoms other than fever,drowsiness and vomiting. I once had a dove that suffered from a virus After the virus had taken it's course and ended she suffered from permanent damage and the symptoms of the virus still occurred due to damage of nerves we lost her because of this very thing, i hope this doesn't happen to Turbo. That could explain why your other bird wasn't affected at all. The antibacterial shots may have made him better as they contain nutrients as well as medicine, but I am sure the vet knows best. Do you think it's a problem with the nerves of the bird can you check if he can fly still some times PMV causes paralysis in feet,wings and especially the neck but in some case only the wings are affected the virus causes fever, drowsiness and vomiting.

Hope he get better soon sending prayers.