• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent (Urgent) I'm in need of help..again!!

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
I am honestly so tired of the fact, all I post about is Turbo being sick.
I just don't know who i should talk to other than you smart people on here :(

Turbo has again started to show signs from illness?
I'm so frustrated, today he's not eating nor drinking.
He constantly wants to sleep and tries his best to avoid me and my partner!

What should i do?
I know I should contact the vet, and I will!
Right now it's just not possible, I need to know- What can I do to keep him going right now?
I have ordered probiotics but unfortunately i havent gotten them just yet!
They're expected to arrive today :(

I feel so sorry for him, If he's not getting better soon I might have to say goodbye to him..

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Why is it not possible to contact the vet?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let him rest and make sure he is warm enough. He needs to get at least some liquids into him. Will he eat hand feeding formula or softened and moistened pellets. You can spoon feed him these if he won't eat them on his own. Give him something special that he likes a lot to try to encourage him to eat. It's good that you will be contacting the vet and best to do it sooner rather than later. Hope all will be well.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Let him rest and make sure he is warm enough. He needs to get at least some liquids into him. Will he eat hand feeding formula or softened and moistened pellets. You can spoon feed him these if he won't eat them on his own. Give him something special that he likes a lot to try to encourage him to eat. It's good that you will be contacting the vet and best to do it sooner rather than later. Hope all will be well.
Thank you, I will try this!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
Please please don't give up on poor Turbo he has been sick for a while but there is always hope no matter how worse the illness. I mean please don't consider putting him to sleep.
You can hand feed his treats right in his beak feel his legs I've heard bird legs must always be cold if they are hot or warm and the bird is drowsy and sick they have fever. Please update us.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Please please don't give up on poor Turbo he has been sick for a while but there is always hope no matter how worse the illness. I mean please don't consider putting him to sleep.
You can hand feed his treats right in his beak feel his legs I've heard bird legs must always be cold if they are hot or warm and the bird is drowsy and sick they have fever. Please update us.
I really don't want to give up on him eiether!
I just feel so sorry for him, I'm doing everything I can.
This morning when I picked him up, his feet were quite warm, I'll keep everyone updated.
I just need to get home to him first, my partner is with him at the moment.
:(

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
It took a turn!
Turbo is now throwing up!
My partner is calling the vet atm!

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's normal for their feet and legs to be warm, especially when they first wake up because they fluff up with their feathers over their feet like we would with sheets.

Can you give me a brief summary of what's been done in terms of medical testing? I'm wondering if he has some kind of underlying condition that hasn't been identified yet.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I have a gut feeling Turbo has ingested something he shouldn't have. Check the Toys in his cage for damage. If he has wing time is there anything he could have got to without you seeing?

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
It's normal for their feet and legs to be warm, especially when they first wake up because they fluff up with their feathers over their feet like we would with sheets.

Can you give me a brief summary of what's been done in terms of medical testing? I'm wondering if he has some kind of underlying condition that hasn't been identified yet.
We want to the vet today and he cannot say what's wrong, the bird has fever tho!
The vet has been giving antibiotics to him a few times, I have tried different vets and nobody can pinpoint what exactly is the problem

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
I have a gut feeling Turbo has ingested something he shouldn't have. Check the Toys in his cage for damage. If he has wing time is there anything he could have got to without you seeing?
He hasn't eaten anything he wasn't supposed to by the looks of it.
Turbo has plenty of time outside the cage, yet he refuses to fly around because it scares him.
Mostly he climbs the top of the cage etc.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
What is his main diet like? Foods be eats?

Do you use Teflon pans (non stick pans) or candles or air fresheners? Use cologne or body sprays?

Do you have cats or dogs?

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Turbo has been to the vet today, his droppings seem normal but the bird still have fever!
The vet is going to analyse his droppings for any potential parasites.
he has been getting antibiotics for 7 days straight about a week back.
He had gotten so much better, yet he started showing signs of him being sick again! :(

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
What is his main diet like? Foods be eats?

Do you use Teflon pans (non stick pans) or candles or air fresheners? Use cologne or body sprays?

Do you have cats or dogs?
He eats pellets, seeds, millet, apples and some other greens when I can get him to eat it.
I have no cats or dogs, only my two cockatiels.

My parrots are located far away from the kitchen and is not getting in contact with smoke etc.
Body sprays and deodorants are no where near them, they're always applied behind a closed door in the bathroom.
candles are as well no where near them.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So I think you're saying he got better with antibiotics and got worse again after you took him off them?

Hopefully they will give a stronger medicine this time. Also I'm glad they are checking for parasites. Surprised they didn't do that earlier! A parasite load could keep him weak/getting sick often.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
So I think you're saying he got better with antibiotics and got worse again after you took him off them?

Hopefully they will give a stronger medicine this time. Also I'm glad they are checking for parasites. Surprised they didn't do that earlier! A parasite load could keep him weak/getting sick often.
Yes, it got worse again after he stopped getting the shots!
I actually had to make the vet analyze the droppings because I do suspect something is up.
Yet that dosnt explain his fewer :/

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
He eats pellets, seeds, millet, apples and some other greens when I can get him to eat it.
I have no cats or dogs, only my two cockatiels.

My parrots are located far away from the kitchen and is not getting in contact with smoke etc.
Body sprays and deodorants are no where near them, they're always applied behind a closed door in the bathroom.
candles are as well no where near them.
Just because the candles and cooking isn't done near them it can still harm them incredibly.

I would suggest trying to do your home without any air fresheners, heavy scented cologne or body sprays, no more Teflon pans and candles.

As for diet - are you sure he is actually eating the foods you listed? You may offer him those foods but I am wondering if perhaps he is very picky and not actually eating those foods. This can be very common with new birds.

TurboTiel

Strolling the yard
Just because the candles and cooking isn't done near them it can still harm them incredibly.

I would suggest trying to do your home without any air fresheners, heavy scented cologne or body sprays, no more Teflon pans and candles.

As for diet - are you sure he is actually eating the foods you listed? You may offer him those foods but I am wondering if perhaps he is very picky and not actually eating those foods. This can be very common with new birds.
He does eat everything I offer, honestly he really enjoys eating pellets.
I've had him for 2 years and it's so odd he's only reacting now then?