• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

URGENT HELP PLEASE

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Johnson is lucky to be with you. :)

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I have read this post with great interest and sadness. No, I don't blame your friend, I blame the breeder, poachers, and anyone else who created the problem of making these wild creatures--pets! Given his history, I don't know if Johnson will ever be comfortable in the presence of human beings, which is why I would suggest that he might be better off being sent to a bird sanctuary to live out his life in peace..

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I have read this post with great interest and sadness. No, I don't blame your friend, I blame the breeder, poachers, and anyone else who created the problem of making these wild creatures--pets! Given his history, I don't know if Johnson will ever be comfortable in the presence of human beings, which is why I would suggest that he might be better off being sent to a bird sanctuary to live out his life in peace..
Not true....I've rescued some pretty abused birds in my life, and it took time, but they came to love and trust again. Even for a bird or any wild animal, trust is not given, it's earned.