• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures URGENT help my budgie

Boudy

Moving in
Hello dear people..i'm a new member here.
So i have a 4 weeks and a half youn 20170614_152647.jpg 20170614_152647.jpg g budgie (it could already fly and has no pin-feathers)
I'm so worried about it's weaning (although i have weaned cockatiels and african greys before)
It's currently on 4 feeds a day and i tried introducing some seeds and budgie food for it, it chews and nibbles on the seeds and throws the seeds away
And about fruits 'n veggies she HATES it
I'm so worried it will live on formula for it's whole life so please help me:blahblah:

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
The baby is probably not ready yet. Take it slowly.

Boudy

Moving in
Yes! You can not force a weaning, the bird will stop taking formula when it feels it ready.
If you find that difficult perhaps consider not to hand feed a baby again.
Okay, thanks so much i was just worried
It wont be difficult for me

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The only thing that should worry you is if it stop to eat. When a baby eat a lot of food that is always a good sign.
Here in Sweden they say that budgies should be with their parents until 6-8 weeks until they are allowed to be sold. (we don't hand feed them)
So you have probably 2-3 weeks of hand feeding left.
And don't forget to weigh every day so it gaining weigh.

Boudy

Moving in
The only thing that should worry you is if it stop to eat. When a baby eat a lot of food that is always a good sign.
Here in Sweden they say that budgies should be with their parents until 6-8 weeks until they are allowed to be sold. (we don't hand feed them)
So you have probably 2-3 weeks of hand feeding left.
And don't forget to weigh every day so it gaining weigh.

Thank you so much for the useful information, i'll keep an eye on the weight too

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Name of budgie is ?

sunconures

Meeting neighbors
Cute! Yes, I agree with everyone else.

Plus, since you are weening her yourself, she should have an easy time picking up the "eat your veggies" thing. By this, I mean that most of the birds that I have taught to eat veggies have prefered to eat what I eat. If I ate one of their veggies, they think that it isn't poisonous and start eating too. Almost imedietly.

:xflove::dance3:

Boudy

Moving in
Cute! Yes, I agree with everyone else.

Plus, since you are weening her yourself, she should have an easy time picking up the "eat your veggies" thing. By this, I mean that most of the birds that I have taught to eat veggies have prefered to eat what I eat. If I ate one of their veggies, they think that it isn't poisonous and start eating too. Almost imedietly.

:xflove::dance3:
WHAT? Oh wow i didn't even know she thinks its poisonous! Thats kinda cute too
Anyways I'll do my best to get her to eat veggies 'n fruits
And here's a pic of her 5 weeks ago!:hug6:Thanks all the help i got from you guys!!

Attachments

sunconures

Meeting neighbors
SHES SO CUTE

This is a time when I wish that you could interact with pics.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sweet.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We raised a baby house finch we rescued from a dinner date with a crow. We fed her quite a few times a day at first and she had finch food available at all times. She slowly started eating her food on her own and started refusing feedings. However whenever she saw something she really wanted she'd do the screaming baby bird beg to get it:xflove:
When he's ready he'll eat on his own but may want feeding just for comfort for a while.

Boudy

Moving in
We raised a baby house finch we rescued from a dinner date with a crow. We fed her quite a few times a day at first and she had finch food available at all times. She slowly started eating her food on her own and started refusing feedings. However whenever she saw something she really wanted she'd do the screaming baby bird beg to get it:xflove:
When he's ready he'll eat on his own but may want feeding just for comfort for a while.
You're right i guess cuz i left some seeds for sky (a blue fluffy bubgie) in his/ her weaning cage, it started chewing on the seeds which got me so happy and Thanks!