• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

upside down day??

JessieW

Sprinting down the street
well I had my first fight with Emme today. don't know what I did to make him made...however he is not as nice as he is cute lol. they woke up this morning like any other and did the "hey mom we r awake" sounds so I opened up and told them good morning just like normal and all the sudden boom emme is demon spawn. I went to get the water bowl as normal and he ran at me and tried to bite. when I went to put it back in he got my finger and it was nothing like the normal little do u have something yummy nibbles I usually get. he bit my hubby also. anytime we would go anywhere near him he would squawk and carry on with his head down and ready. so I stayed away, even a little over 3 feet while I was on the phone and he still carried on like I was tryin to kill him. so after awhile skye came close to me and wanted some kisses, emme was close but not making noise so I bent to give skye a kiss and got 1 then skye wanted another so again I got 1 and boom emme was hanging from my lip. he finally dropped off and climbed back up and stared at me while I was checking for blood. still have a mark 9hrs later lol. still nice and sore but now he seems to want my attention and I still don't wanna fall for that yet. so I talk to him but don't wanna put any body part near him just yet. still don't know what bit him but I'm hoping hes over it soon

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Will he step up on a perch for you? That may be a way to keep him from biting you.

JessieW

I'm guessing it was just an off day he is back to the same trouble maker he usually is it was more of a shock than anything. next day he was fine then the other day when it was time to go to bed he got crabby at my hands again and I said to u want to spend the night in the time out cage he walked himself up and into cage so I didn't have to "touch" him. I just take skye away and put him where I need emme to go. I made "steps" ropes and so forth so they can climb to their cage and so forth so if I move skye emme will follow without having to b touched. I did try the perch at one point and he ran the length of it and tried my hand again lol.

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Jessie, I realize you wrote this this past summer..but how old was Emme and Skye then? I'm getting baby Linnies soon after Christmas this year, and I've heard when they are "Teen agers" they go through a hormonal time where they are not very nice, hopefully they outgrow that. Let me know ,if you have time. I know Christmas week is so busy. :)

JessieW

Hi Jessie, I realize you wrote this this past summer..but how old was Emme and Skye then? I'm getting baby Linnies soon after Christmas this year, and I've heard when they are "Teen agers" they go through a hormonal time where they are not very nice, hopefully they outgrow that. Let me know ,if you have time. I know Christmas week is so busy. :)
Emme and Skye are now a year and a month old. I got them when they were a few months old. The lady who had taken them decided that they were just not what she wanted and wanted them gone. Emme has his days where he does not want me near his stuff but it comes and goes. Skye is much more nice about it. That is the if I don't want you I walk away lol. Emme will carry on if I touch something he don't want me to and he has only bit me a few times. We now have a wonderful warning that we have worked out so if he is in his mood I just leave him be and no issues. Congrats on getting your new little babies!!

greybird57

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Yvonne Haas
a perch is a good suggestion or even a dow rod or any thing that they like:sadhug2::cag: