• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

*Update post #200* Sams sick and extreamlly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Great news Ryan! :D

I'd look at getting Sam onto Harrisons High Potency, either fine or coarse blend.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so glad he is doing better.:hug8:

unicornlady7

Real Name
Christa
I'm so glad to hear and see he's doing great! Still praying for a speedy recovery!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so happy for you I could :cry:
I did :(. lol Out of relief and happiness when I saw him running on the table:) I had a mini flashback to when I still had Max. I just adore amazons:heart:

Ryan you did a great job getting Sammy help right away and your emergency vet did awesome! I am happy to hear you will go to your regular avian vet for the blood work and diet help.

This is great news to read first thing in the morning. Kisses and hugs to Sammy!:hug8:

Can't wait to see him with him with his new cage and toys!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Wow! Just so happy that he turned around so quickly. I believe in miracles, they do happen. As for the pellets that your Doc told you about they are more than likely what Stevo said. Harrison's pellets and the high potency for ill or recovering birds those should be good if he will eat them. Kathy at MSBS may have samples, many Vets either have both samples and carry the food.

Wow, thanks for the picture updates I can go to work today not worrying about what's happening over at AA and Sam!

Ariahna

Sprinting down the street
Ryan, I aml so glad to hear the good news, and I hope Sammy continues to get better each day. :hug8:

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Thankyou everyone! I believe Sammy should be coming home today I'm waiting on a call from the vet. Probably around noon I'll revive one.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Checking in to see how Sam is doing. Ryan, you did great with Sam taking him to the vet right away. So very happy to hear that he is doing so much better and thank you for sharing pictures. Sending more prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ryan, how about an update on Sam. Is he home with you? How's he doing today? Any word on the blood panels?

Check in when you can. :)

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
I'm having his BP done by his primary avian vet dr. Lynn He specializes in avian care. As for him coming home IM LEAVING IN A FEW MINUTES TO PICK HIM UP!!!!!!! :) :) :DWe have an appt on Thursday for blood work. I'll be back in a few hours. Hour up and back plus were gonna take a trip to petco and buy some toys of HIS pickin. Also need the harrisons high potency blend of pellets that steve suggested. Again thankyou everyone for caring praying and being such good supportsOn mine and his behave!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Roger that! They are still open at 11pm? You can find those pellets at most Avian Vets- but if you can't get them there you can order them. I want to say the Harrison's mash is good too- mix it over fresh/cooked food or birdie bread. Power treats are very well eaten here by Kazoo, he loves them. He can eat a bag in a month!

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Give Sammy a smoochie from me & Merlin. :)

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Yeah:dance4: spoil Sam rotten:heart: Great news

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Yay! Give him scritches from Squeeky, Scooty, and me :)

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
SAMMYS HOME!!!!! Well been home for about 30 min. Had to settle in and give him lots of love plus extra for all of you! He made his excited noise as soon as I turned the light on in my bedroom. As for food this vet did not sell it. Only dog and cat stuff. I just got it from petsmart. But not harrisons. He recommended zurpreems avianmaintaince forti diet blend cockatiel size. extra water dishes and more fruit. Hes on a weight gain diet but the vet said the healthy way lol He personally still wants to see him in a week and I agreed to schedule an appt. He really seems to care.Pictures Tomarrow!! I need some sleep. Long drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.