• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update Pics Of the Retro Nanos

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The tank on the left will be for the new green OHM that will arrive in February. The tank on the right is where the pink boy is.

Here is the pink one

Here is the green one

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Anne, Pigster and Judy. :cool:
Carole,
How would you like to come up here and aqua scape my tanks!!????! Pleeeeeeeeassssse!!
(I just ordered plants. :)
You are in NJ right? I might could do it for some warm fresh bakery rye bread. :rofl:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am sure they have the same Jewish rye bread in NY. In fact I know they do..used to have it when we went to Grandma's. :smuggrin:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love them so much!!! :dance4:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
How are you keeping them from jumping?! I LOVEE the look of open top tanks and I would kill for an open top betta tank but I've had betta commit suicide before so I'm too scared now.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
WOW!!! Beautiful set ups!! Amazing!

I so need your help with our gold fish tank! Can you come decorate it please????!! :lol: We couldn't find a place for the comet fish so my sister bought a 60 gallon tank for them. It was the biggest she could afford. But it only has 3 little plastic plants and a log from the 10 gallon, it's really sad looking! :( I keep looking online but get overwhelmed with all the info on live plants which is what we want to do. Also I think they need a canister filter?? Right now it's just a regular hang off the back of the tank one.

Your tanks are all so beautiful! Ours is just sad! :rolleyes:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Amaaaazing! :jillone:

I would love to do a planted tank for my betta, but it's just sooo intimidating! :arghh:
What size are your tanks?
Do you have a tutorial somewhere of exactly what you did, that a layman would understand? :o:

Piggy!Piggy! Please keep us up to date on what you do with your tank, I'd love to follow along on your progress! :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone. :D :hug8:
@cosmolove I cover the tanks at night with eggcrate. I think the top floaters helps some to discourage it. Never had a day jumper, but have had a few over the years jump at night.
@Crys12065 Start a thread, maybe I can help. When I started with planted tanks I got in mind what I wanted by looking for pics of them. Plants are difficult with goldfish. Anubias would work, though he may still nibble. Go to koko's and peruse the photos, or youtube and look at what other people do for inspiration.
@TikiLola Many years of trial and error have brought me to where I am with my tanks. I can tell you there are kids out there doing planted tanks though. As well as older people too. The thing I found that works for me is the easier to keep ones, some root tabs, they live off the fish too. When I tried to do high end, measuring ferts, CO2, and all that I failed. Eventually succumbing to algae problems. It seems like young men excel at keeping the gorgeous stem planted tanks. It is pretty techy and intimidating if you try that method. Lighting is so so important, not too much, not too little.