• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Slade (formerly Cosmo)

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
So far things are slow with him, but, I feel like I'm gaining his trust more and more. He hasn't actually made a connection when he's bit at me, so part of me thinks they're warning bites to let me know he doesn't like what I'm doing. He's only willingly came out of the cage once and seems pretty scared of coming out again, but he's definitely interested.
He also lets me scritch him through the cage and has started to close his eyes when I do.:loveshower: Today is also the first day he's actually explored his cage and started to play! I know we will get there, he is just going to need time, which I'm definitely willing to give.

Ollie and Diggle don't really care about him much but have gotten a little jealous of the attention I give him, even though they get just as many treats and come out and spend time with the family. Ollie adores my husband but has taken to occasionally demanding to be near me, I guess jealous makes the heart grow fonder. :lol:Diggle is Diggle, the mellowest of my guys, but an anxious mess at the same time, I don't get him sometimes. I think that's it? I didn't want to keep just talking about Slade so I figured Ollie and Diggle need some spotlight too.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that Slade is trusting you more. Sounds like you are making progress even though it's slow. BTW, your avatar is great..."Vigilante Parrots" :D

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
It's great that Slade is trusting you more. Sounds like you are making progress even though it's slow. BTW, your avatar is great..."Vigilante Parrots" :D
Haha thanks. That's actually the whole theme of my IG for them since they're named after vigilante superheroes, well at least Ollie and Diggle, Slade is a villian (mwahaha:devil:). I actually made it for an idea for a custom mug I have coming. I'm going to post when it shows up :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha thanks. That's actually the whole theme of my IG for them since they're named after vigilante superheroes, well at least Ollie and Diggle, Slade is a villian (mwahaha:devil:). I actually made it for an idea for a custom mug I have coming. I'm going to post when it shows up :)

Slade became sort of a good guy when he returned for a few episodes.
Are you going to add to the vigilantes....Thea, Felicity, etc?
Will watch for your post of the mug.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Slade became sort of a good guy when he returned for a few episodes.
Are you going to add to the vigilantes....Thea, Felicity, etc?
Will watch for your post of the mug.
We will if we get more birds/animals. I'm good right now though with what we have. I don't want anyone to get neglected and right now I already have to take all of the birds out separately if I'm alone. Ollie likes to bully Diggle, and Diggle is bigger but just runs away. Slade almost ended being called Harper or Marlcolm but Slade ended up sticking. I also kind of love Deathstroke. It also helps one of my favorite actors is playing him in the DC movies too :hehe:.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Would have liked to see Manu Bennett continue in the Deathstroke role in the movie.
The name Slade is a good choice. I was going to name my 'tiels Harley & Quinn but decided not to name them after that character.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Even though I love Joe Manganiello, I think they should of moved over any of the TV DC characters to the big screen and made it one big universe like Marvel does. I was not a happy camper when they chose someone else for Flash since Grand Gustin does such a good job, and then on top of that they announced it the same day it was announced The Flash was renewed for Season 2. I love both companies but Marvel definitely does a better job of cohesiveness.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Agree with you about the Flash being recast for the movie. Why not Grant Gustin? Didn't make sense to me.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Even though I love Joe Manganiello, I think they should of moved over any of the TV DC characters to the big screen and made it one big universe like Marvel does. I was not a happy camper when they chose someone else for Flash since Grand Gustin does such a good job, and then on top of that they announced it the same day it was announced The Flash was renewed for Season 2. I love both companies but Marvel definitely does a better job of cohesiveness.

Agreed. Especially since the DC TV shows are wildly popular! It creates a definite disconnect, at least for me, for DC as a whole. Like I KNOW with Marvel everything is connected - are they for DC? I am sadly not as well versed with DC so I have no idea lol.

I'm glad you are having forward progress though :heart: