• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Riti

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Dr Mohan is keeping her overnight as she has a partly formed egg in her that he is concerned about as the white count is very high and he thinks her calcium is low and he wants to try and get her to pass the egg. He pointed out to me on the radiograph that the egg looks damaged to him. He said if she doesn't lay the egg that they may need to remove it
There was also some bacteria that he wanted to treat.
She not out of the woods yet and as he's off tomorrow my normal vet, Dr Oglesbee, will be taking over then. Dr Oglesbee is only in two days a week because she teaches at OSU as well.
That said she looked good otherwise.
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all will be OK and that Riti will be home soon.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I just talked to the vet and she is eating, alert and active. But no egg yet.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww. Poor Riti. Thank you for being an astute owner and getting her care right away. I'm sure it's really tough right now, but happy she is in good veterinary hands!

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Aww. Poor Riti. Thank you for being an astute owner and getting her care right away. I'm sure it's really tough right now, but happy she is in good veterinary hands!
I lost Streak about 1 1/2 years ago. But there was nothing that could have been don't for him, cancer. I truly believe if you bring a pet of any kind into your home you owe to the pet to look after it with all you have. People who don't understand why I'd spend so much on Riti's care are not people I really want as friends. I'm NOT a vet but have learned enough to know when to grab a bird, dog, or cat and beat feet TO the vet.