• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Rescued dying baby cockatiel

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
His progress is heartwarming. You are doing a wonderful job and TD is obviously a fighter! Great job - both of you!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That's wonderful! Janet!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Good on you and him. He looks to be doing great now and is very happy too. He will be your loyal friend for the rest of his hopefully long life:dance4:

BlueAbyss

Walking the driveway
Such wonderful progress!! You're an absolute angel!! :joyful:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! ♥

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so glad he's doing so well!! You are doing great with him, and it shows. What a cutie!:heart:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent! Thanks for saving the precious baby. He looks great!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What a beautiful little baby! Thank you so much for saving him. He looks amazing. :xflove:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Thank you all! My fiancee calls me the Bird Whisperer...but I don't know about that! If I had known all the things that can go wrong handfeeding a bird with a crop, I would have been too nervous to try with Miyetti (the Band Tailed Pigeon in my Avatar). I was too ignorant to be too nervous with Miyetti. I read a few things about it on the web, and just did it with her/him. Of course, now I realize that Miyetti was not a mourning dove like I had first thought, but a much larger bird (see attached photos) and had probably received the full benefit of his/her parents care at least for the full nestling period. Poor little TD was probably less than four weeks old when I took him/her. I'd done and did a lot more research on the care of baby birds this time...and I was (and honestly still am) scared to pieces. I don't think I could handle losing TD now. Oops! The last photo was taken on 8/30/16 Day 71 with Miyetti.
Miyetti Day 01 62016(1).jpg Miyetti Day 20 71016.jpg Miyetti Day 29 071916_20170618224819926.jpg Miyetti Day 71 083016.jpg

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Adorable.....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You've done very well helping TD. He's very cute!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We've had a few pigeons over the years years we rescued and most of them sorta bonded and loved hanging out with us and sitting on our shoulders. The last one I knocked out of his nest, well at least the whole nest, when the customer asked me to and nobody had a clue he was in there. Took him home and he was probably a teenager and kinda never forgave me for wrecking his happy home. He really liked my sister though and would fly between us in the yard. He finally mostly accepted me but he was messy and Nerd wasn't thrilled about him so we rehomed him with a nice lady with chickens. He happily lived there with her chickens a while, would fly between her and her husband just like he did with us. One day he noticed the pigeon flock in her neighborhood and flew off and joined them so I think it was a win for him and everyone as he eventually got to be a normal pigeon again.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
What a great story! I hope Nerd isn't what you call your sister! What kind of pigeon was it?