1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on our newest family member

Discussion in 'The Cat Tree' started by SquawksNibbles, 1/6/18.

1. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    On Saturday, December 16 we brought home our newest furry family member. Yoda is our 4 month old, light orange-colored, mackerel (that's the name of the pattern) tabby cat. If I could choose 3 words to describe him best, they are: crazy, talkative, and adorable.

Yoda is really playful. He'll find anything and will play with it. Strings, bags, tubes, etc, are just some of his favorites. Last night I caught him playing inside of a paper towel bags, which I removed him from so he couldn't get himself into trouble. Unfortunately, chords are also a favorite, so we're constantly keeping a good eye on him. He'll even play with the mic on my brother's new headset, which my brother uses to chat with friends on our PlayStation 4 game system. Basically, anything he can get his paws on is a toy. Pencils, clothes, paper, are some more examples.

Yoda may not have a bell around his neck, but he doesn't need one! You can usually tell when he's coming, because he lets you know by making a lot a weird sounds and meows. He is very talkative. When he starts running or when he hops up on something, he'll make a noise that is like a mix between a meow and a purr. At random times he'll start meowing. His tiny voice makes them even more adorable. Perhaps he is trying to give us words of wisdom? :lol:

Crazy. He is just one crazy kitty.

Like all cats, Yoda is just adorable. He's tiny, loving, playful, healthy, and is just a sweetie. He can be a pain in the butt, but it's all worth it. I'll try to post some pictures of him soon! :)

TikiMyn, iamwhoiam, faislaq and 3 others like this.
  2. Jas

Jas Rollerblading along the road

Jasmine
    Yoda sounds so sweet!

SquawksNibbles likes this.
  3. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer
    :needpics:

SquawksNibbles, faislaq, Jas and 2 others like this.
  4. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    X2

5. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    I was going to say the same thing! I remember the first pictures you posted. I thought it was a munchkin cat cause of the big belly and little legs :lol:Atleast that's how it looked in the pic.I can't wait to see how Yoda grows!

TikiMyn, SquawksNibbles and DQTimnehs like this.
  6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Yoda sounds very cute!

7. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    Ahw I love Yoda! What a funny little fellow:heart: And I totally agree: :needpics:

8. SquawksNibbles

Kiera
    36299991-29EE-48F0-B987-571FC24B7970.jpeg
    23392C64-1528-4AB1-892C-781EFA397AEF.jpeg
    B72541FB-94DE-4DA0-8A58-0D0E4A807BA5.jpeg
    5409CC41-9712-4F49-9BCD-9628B87C95A7.jpeg

TikiMyn likes this.
  9. SquawksNibbles

Kiera
    He gets along really well with our other furry pets, as well. He always tries to play and lay with our bigger dog, Gizmo. He likes grooming Odie. And, as you can see from the photos above, him and our other cat Gemma get along well.

1AF4BC16-7E8A-4A34-B8BA-8086B9EB3908.jpeg
    7A2CD7FA-DD30-461C-A5F8-72F59DC3BF55.jpeg
    896E0113-0471-40D8-ADD7-E83D1A2E1DB7.jpeg

As for him with the birds, it's been going all right. Of course, being a cat, he's really interested in them, and like Gemma, you'll sometimes come into the room to find him lying asleep on the cage. Still trying to teach him not to get up on it. But, I'll just have to be sure he's not around whenever I leave the cage door open or bring the birds out.

Last edited: 1/6/18
    CrazyBirdChick and TikiMyn like this.
  10. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    She is very cute!

11. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Hey which poor bird is getting traumatized by a cat on the cage? That is VERY dangerous.

12. SquawksNibbles

Kiera
    I know, and I'm training him not to do it. If I see him up on it I immediately take him down. I can keep an eye on him when he's in my room, though. He likes to be with people so if nobody is in my room he won't be either. I appreciate your concern. :)

As for Gemma, she hardly doesn't do it anymore, anyways. I think we've taught her that if she does it she gets in trouble. The only thing she really does now is sleep on me bed by the cage, paying no attention to the birds. The birds don't seem bothered b this. They play, eat, and act normal when she does this.

13. saroj12

saroj
    One scratch from a nail or tooth spells death if you don’t get antibiotics immediately. You don’t have the luxury of training. Keep the cats out of the bird room. You can’t have it all.

iamwhoiam likes this.
  14. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    Aaahwww Yoda is so cute:heart::heart: Thanks for sharing!

15. SquawksNibbles

Kiera
    I'm sorry, I didn't know a cat scratch or bite was that serious. Thanks for letting me know, though. I will, of course, be EXTRA careful to make sure these two kitties stay away from the birds at all times. Thanks again!

iamwhoiam and saroj12 like this.
  16. saroj12

saroj
    I’m so glad you realized the danger and have acted on it.:)

17. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Yoda does sound like a crazy kiitty! And I love the name.

@saroj12 is right; cats spell danger for birds. If your persistent training is working, that’s fine... or squirt kitty with water when he gets on the cage? (Is that mean?)

SquawksNibbles and saroj12 like this.
  18. SquawksNibbles

Kiera
    We've always used spray bottles. I hope it's okay that we have been!

finchly likes this.
  19. finchly

Tanya
    Lol
    I was afraid all the cat people would come after me— claws out! I don’t know how it is viewed. I have dogs, no cats.

20. Smbrds

Smbrds Rollerblading along the road

Shawn
    Yoda is cute, as is the rest of "the pack." Welcome home Yoda.

TikiMyn and SquawksNibbles like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)