• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on my guppies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
:omg: I'm soo excited! Ok , So I have tried several times to keep guppies since I was a child. I have always failed:( But I think I can safely say .....I am successful !:rofl::fish2::fish::fish2::fish::fish2::fish::fish2: My original fish had babies and now my babies have had babies tonight ! I can't believe it.
I don't know what I am doing differently maybe I check the ph more often or something .I don't know . I can't tell you how excited I am . I have a big 55 gallon tank and the small 20 gallon ,so I have a long way to go before I have too many fish.Luckily, because I love watching them grow.:D:chipmunks:DH came downstairs a little while ago asking me what I was doing. I told him we had babies ! He said ,I thought we discussed this ? :rofl:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
DH came downstairs a little while ago asking me what I was doing. I told him we had babies ! He said ,I thought we discussed this ? :rofl:
Hehehe...very cute!:p Congrats on the fishies. Guppies can be so beautiful. I love my small fish.:)

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Have fun! We have 4 tanks, and my dd's 20 gallon has tons of baby mollies right now. We have had babies in 2 of our tanks. They are so fun. :)

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Guppies are very pretty little fish. What patterns do you have?? Congrats on your babies!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww, congratulations! Yay for babies! My sisters guppies had babies...but they all disappeared. We think the adults ate them, or something.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Guppies are very pretty little fish. What patterns do you have?? Congrats on your babies!
I have quite a few different patterns, I have mostly fan tails that are red tails and blue tails. But I have one that is Metalic looking and his tail is really long and spotted I think its a delta tail but I'm new at this so.... I have babies that have just matured and can now see their coloring and know if they are female or male. I have some golden females and some grey normal females.

I plan to go to the fancy smancy fish store in town to get a few " rarer styles" now that I feel more confident that I can keep them.
I so enjoy them.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Have fun! We have 4 tanks, and my dd's 20 gallon has tons of baby mollies right now. We have had babies in 2 of our tanks. They are so fun. :)
I also have a 55 gallon long upstairs that I used to have set up before the remodel 2 years ago. I took it down when all my fish died and ,well one of my fish ate all of the others:eek: I was devasted. They were sword tails and mollys. They were all given to me with the tank and I had them for about a year until then. Anyhow I want to set it up upstairs and DH says I have enough aquariums set up?:eek: who says I have enough:rofl::rofl:

yep I love the babies. I kind of freaked out yesterday when I couldn't find my new golden snail I just purchased:eek: He was stuck for 4 hours under a fake log thing .I had to pry it out ,whew he's still alive:D I took out the fake log!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
hehe congrats! I never have luck with guppies - either. I just started a sword tank - and the morning after i brought one of my females home - there were her babies in the tank! :O (that was yesterday i found them..)

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
hehe congrats! I never have luck with guppies - either. I just started a sword tank - and the morning after i brought one of my females home - there were her babies in the tank! :O (that was yesterday i found them..)
So exciting! :starshower::elefant::congrats:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Your a grandma then!

Post pics I love guppies :)

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats. I never knew guppies could be hard to breed. Ours would always reproduce but they were just the little "feeder" guppies. Was still fun to watch though.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh! another one of the females i bought Thursday had babies this mornin! :O

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Wow all kinds of fishy babies hatching! :lol:

Pics please!!!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Pics in my thread "Swordtail fish" Tanya!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:yah: congrats!! we have kept african cichlids for years and went through a spell where we had 5 generations in one tank

I love freshwater aquariums, once they are set up, they are not hard to maintain and sooo rewarding!

Status
Not open for further replies.