• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on my big mac adoption

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Just an update for everyone that was following my story on adopting a greenwing named Bailey. I ended up passing the offer on Bailey so I could invest in an indoor aviary for my birds. I have no doubt that her owner will find her the perfect home. I do have some exciting news though. The rescue I was fostering my severe macaw Sweetie from deciding to let me adopt her and now I am going to be taking home a special needs greenwing named Zach from them the first chance I get to visit after Easter. I have seen no pictures but he is pretty badly plucked and it is likely permanent. The rescue says he's a great bird but he bullies their other macaws around and is in need of some one on one TLC. The best part for me is that his adoption will be an early birthday gift from the rescue owner for the celebration of 10 years I have been a volunteer this October. I'm so happy I could cry. So hopefully in a few days I will have some pictures to share of Zach the greenwing macaw.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Exciting things are happening in your home :)

I can´t wait to meet Zach ❤

Congratulations on the adoptions :loveshower:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh nice. We never know how things will turn out hey?

I look forward to meeting Zach. Thank you for opening your heart to him :) :loveshower:

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Aww! A GW! Congrats! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Congratulations!! That's really exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of Zach :) That's really awesome that they are making the adoption your birthday present!

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Meet the mighty greenwing, Zach! He came home this morning. So far hes shown me that he knows how to step up and that he is willing to work with me. His story is a bit sad. He was adopted out many years ago and came back last year without most of his beautiful feathers. He has a clear health check so I've decided not to quarantine. I'm going to let him settle in for a while and offer him a fresh food platter later.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad things are going well!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Since he already knows you, things should go smoothly. Congrats for 10 years of avian volunteering.

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Since he already knows you, things should go smoothly. Congrats for 10 years of avian volunteering.
Thank you so much. I was 15 years old when I started volunteering.
So far we haven't seen much attitude but I know as he adjusts that could change. He loves to be part of the family and enjoys eating with us. Very good at stepping up and being gentle. Darwin might need to have his cage relocated because he's seems a bit stressed by the big guy. And he also seems very jealous.

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
I went in this morning to feed him and he was hanging upside down by his feet from the cargo net and gave me the standard "Raah" greeting and slid down my arm to the t-stand for breakfast. They are having blueberries, mango, gauva, kale, and squash for breakfast. Sweetie and Zach get some fruitblend pellets and Mr. Darwin gets some non fortified seed. I finally feel like my flock is complete. I am so happy to have Zach.