• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Houdini SB2 and Mickey BE2

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Good news ! good luck with the topical steroid , he's healthy that's a good thing. I'm sure you'll find a way to put the medicine in his eye , keeping my fingers crossed it will go smoothly .
:yah:

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
Glad to hear he has a clean bill of health! Hopefully the inflammation in his eye goes down quickly, good luck with the treatment and I hope all goes well.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So, Dr. Martel just called to let me know that Houdini is indeed a boy...quickest DNA test I've ever seen! We were pretty sure on his sex but after what I went through with Amarillo and her egg, I wanted to make sure. He is disease free and the eye is just a bit of inflammation...unfortunately, they would like to treat it with steroids topically. Good gravy, this should be interesting!:)
That's very good news. Hope he lets you treat his eye.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sure you'll find a way to put the medicine in his eye , keeping my fingers crossed it will go smoothly .
This made me remember that episode on Friends where Rachel afraid to do her own eye drops so Monica holds her down and squeezes the bottle with her mouth. :laugh: At least Houdini will be way easier than Rachel!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So, Dr. Martel just called to let me know that Houdini is indeed a boy...quickest DNA test I've ever seen! We were pretty sure on his sex but after what I went through with Amarillo and her egg, I wanted to make sure. He is disease free and the eye is just a bit of inflammation...unfortunately, they would like to treat it with steroids topically. Good gravy, this should be interesting!:)
I'm glad he's healthy but for the inflammation. Topically..... Good luck with that..... :backout:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
A distraction while you do drops might help. Something like a foot toy/hard shelled nut. There was macaw at the clinic that had would looked like human pink eye. Nicky would give him a foot toy or hard shelled nut to work on while he sneaked the drop in.